Get ready for game day with this Easy Taco Dip recipe. Easy, creamy smooth, and cheesy, filled with tomatoes and baked until warm and ready for dipping.
Get those nacho chips ready because this dip is just so irresistible. Be sure to double the recipe, especially when cooking for a crowd of hungry game watchers! So for the love of dip, give this recipe a try!
Easy Taco Dip
PIN IT to your DIPS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Baked Taco Dip
- Baked taco dip is not just your average taco dip. We all know that salsa is good by why not spruce up things a little bit by adding a little cream cheese, some taco seasoning, and tomatoes. And it doesn’t stop there. Oh no. A quick bake in the oven makes this warm, melted dish so good.
- This recipe is a jazzed-up version of the classic queso dish.
- Top it with some freshly cut tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or olives and the dish is ready to be devoured. It’s best when it is served hot out of the oven.
- Serve it with crisp tortilla chips on an appetizer buffet with a Buffalo Chicken Ring, Instant Pot Meatball Sliders and a fresh tray of veggies and Dill Dip.
Taco Dip Ingredients
THE CREAM & CREAM CHEESE – One 8 ounce packag of cream cheese will do for this recipe. Remember to let it soften a little bit first, so it is easier to blend with the rest of the ingredients. Also a cup of sour cream is added for creaminess.
ROTEL TOMATOES – These aren’t just any canned tomato. These are tomatoes with some heat because they have been cooked with some chiles.
CHEESE – A simple layer of cheddar cheese in the middle of the dish and then sprinkled over the top makes sure that this dish is layered to gooey goodness.
TACO SEASONING – This standard Southern seasoning is a mixture of spices. Generally, it consists of paprika, chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic, and much more.
How to make Taco Dip
For the love of dip give this recipe a try!
- Blend the cheeses and the seasoning.
- Add the tomatoes to a baking dish.
- Top with some of the cheddar cheese and the cheese blend.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
What to Serve With Taco Dip
Nacho chips, corn or flour tortillas are the best with this dip. However, pita chips, crackers, and cut vegetables would also taste good with this dip.
Best Tips for Dips!
Is there a lot to prepare before the guests arrive? This dip can be made in advance (don’t bake it yet) and kept in the refrigerator. Pull it out, bake it, and serve.
Soften cream cheese for a few seconds in the microwave, or let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Soft cream cheese makes blending the ingredients much easier.
Prepare toppings ahead of time for quick assembly. Chop the lettuce, cut the tomatoes and slice the olives.
Other Easy Dips To Try!
- Homemade Salsa – so fresh and tasty.
- Bacon Beef Queso Dip – for bacon lovers!
- Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball – delicious!
- Cream Cheese Rotel Dip Recipe – easy 3 ingredient recipe.
Easy Taco Dip
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese divided
- taco toppings olives, jalapenos, green onion, tomato
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth, mix in sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Add Rotel and ¼ cup cheddar cheese and spread into an oven safe baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake for 9-10 minutes or until cheese had melted.
- Top as desired and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.