Guests coming by and nothing is prepared? This Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball is one of those quick and easy appetizer recipes that can be made in a hurry!
Not only is this cheese ball recipe easy to prepare, it can be made in advance allowing more time to ready other menu items. It also looks so impressive and inviting on the serving platter, not to mention tastes amazing!
Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- This cream cheese ball recipe is so quick and easy to make, leaving more time for other preparations in the kitchen.
- A cheese ball is perfect served as a chip dip or a spread on crackers, and celery.
- Appetizers keep guests full and happy while they wait for the main course, so be sure to set this out on the next game day or holiday.
- This is one of those recipes that is simple to make and even easier to eat!
Cream Cheese Ball Ingredients
THE BALL: This cheese ball consists mainly of parmesan cheese and cream cheese. A little sprinkling of ranch mix and a bit of milk makes this ball soft, creamy and dippable.
VARIATIONS: Roll in other kinds of nuts such as walnuts or pecans , try sunflower or help seeds, or sprinkle with bits of crumbled bacon. Or make small cheese ball bites by forming Tablespoon portions into small balls, and roll them in nuts. Simple poke each bite with a toothpick for a small dainty appetizer.
How to Make An Easy Cheese Ball
1-2-3-4 and this is ready to eat!
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Shape into a ball.
- Roll in almonds.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours. (As per recipe below)
Can You Freeze A Cheese Ball?
This cream cheese ball will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks, but an even better way to preserve it is by freezing it. Wrap the ball in double plastic wrap and place in the freezer where it will keep for about 4 weeks. This is a good option if you have any leftovers and is also a great way to get ahead on holiday or party meal prep!
Cheese Ball Recipe Tips
Allow the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing with the other ingredients. If it is too cold, the cheese won’t mix as easily.
If the cheese ball is made in advance, refrigerate it wrapped in plastic wrap before rolling in the nuts. The nuts can be added just prior to serving. And remove the ball from the refrigerator so it has time to soften which makes it easier to cut and spread on crackers.
Simple Time Savers!
A helpful kitchen tip is to purchase pre-shredded parmesan cheese. This will cut down on recipe prep time and it still tastes delicious!
Use a hand blender or a stand mixer to combine the cheese. A uniform and creamy consistency is what this cheese ball needs, and using a mixer is the best way to to it.
Easy Dip Recipes
- Creamy BLT Dip Recipe – so many flavors!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe – perfect for game day.
- Easy Spinach Dip – a classic dip.
- Dill Veggie Dip – so simple and versatile.
- Bacon Beef Queso Dip – hearty and delicious.
Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ packet ranch mix
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Stir all ingredients together then shape into a ball.
- Roll in slivered almonds.
- Refrigerate 4-8 hours before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.