Crispy Pillsbury crescent dough is wrapped around a creamy chicken ranch filling in this mouthwatering Buffalo Chicken Ring recipe.
Guests will love the flaky crust and cheesy smooth filling of this crowd-pleasing appetizer. Not only does this look impressive, but it tastes so delicious! To add a finishing touch to this dish, nestle a bowl of ranch or blue cheese dip in the middle of the ring.
Buffalo Chicken Ring
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip Ring
- Store bought crescent rolls are perfectly flaky and delish in this recipe, plus incredibly easy to use! Just open the can, separate the individual servings, and prepare for the filling.
- The filling combines the smooth, sweet, and tarty taste of cream cheese with chicken along with hot and spicy buffalo sauce. It’s a winning combination!
- Serve Buffalo Chicken Ring as a hearty holiday appetizer before the main event, or bring to a potluck, party, or shared family meal.
Easy Ingredient List!
THE FILLING: This recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken, which can be made in the oven or using a crockpot. Or simply purchase a rotisserie chicken and pick the meat from the carcass. Leftovers from a roast chicken or this Melt in Your Mouth Chicken recipe would also work well. Be sure to soften the cream cheese before adding the other ingredients so that everything mixes well.
DOUGH: Simply purchase Pillsbury crescent dough to use in this recipe. Just open the can, separate the individual triangles, and lay them down in a circle. It’s super easy to use and the result is a perfectly light and fluffy crust that is delish!
Buffalo sauce can be easily substituted with any kind of hot sauce of choice.
Everyone loves to dip! So serve this Buffalo Chicken Ring with an onion, ranch or blue cheese dip and place it the center of the ring for spectacular presentation!
While cheddar is the recommended cheese for this recipe, using marble, mozzarella or Monteray Jack will work equally as well.
Let’s Make It!
- Mix cheese and seasoning.
- In another bowl combine the sauce and chicken.
- Unroll the dough and spread the mixtures over top.
- Fold over and then bake (as per the recipe below).
Tips And Time Savers!
This is best served warm, however, it is easier to cut when it is a little cool.
To save time, make the whole ring ahead of time, wrap it in aluminum foil, and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. When the guests arrive simply bake and serve!
Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – tasty seafood bites!
- Pull-Apart Crescents with Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect for dipping.
- Crescent Roll Pizza – for lunch, dinner or as a snack.
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – made with biscuits.
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies – hand held comfort food!
Buffalo Chicken Ring
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese and ranch seasoning in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine buffalo sauce, chicken and green onion.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place on a parchment lined pan to form a circle with a 4" diameter.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the crescents, just outside the open circle. Top with chicken mixture and half of the cheese.
- Fold the dough over the filling and tuck the tip under the inner circle. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.