Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole is a delicious copycat recipe! Rich creamy layers of hashbrowns, cheddar cheese and other ‘secret’ ingredients finally ready to be whipped up in the comfort of your own home!
I love to make and serve this hashbrown casserole because it is a delicious one dish meal that can be prepped ahead of time. It makes the perfect addition to any busy family’s menu. Add the fact that it is so delicious is just a bonus!
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Pin it to your SIDE DISHES BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Remember on the weekends, waiting in the lobby with dozens of other hungry customers at Cracker Barrel, just dying to order their mouth-watering Hashbrown Casserole? But, we could never figure out what the other ‘secret’ ingredients were! Well, we found the perfect Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole copycat so you can whip it up yourself in the comfort of your own home!
What is Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole?
This dish looks impressive when it’s brought to your table at the restaurant, but this easy hashbrown casserole recipe is really just a few ingredients! Start with frozen hash browns and add some onions, butter, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and salt and pepper to taste and pop it in the oven!
If you want a ‘signature’ hash brown casserole, why not add some cubed ham or cooked and crumbled bacon? What a great way to start the weekend!
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This is the easy part! A 9×13 inch casserole pan is preferred, but an 8×8 with a little longer cooking time will give your hashbrown casserole some height, which looks really impressive on a plate!
- Mix all the ingredients together, reserving ½ cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Add the mixture to the casserole dish and gently pat down.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the cheese is fully melted. You want a cheesy hashbrown casserole that looks delectable!
Optional garnish: A dollop of sour cream or sliced green onions. Maybe a dash of Tabasco Sauce?
Don’t forget, you could even assemble this casserole the night before and toss it in the oven the next morning! How easy is that?
What to Serve with Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This hashbrown breakfast casserole recipe is certainly a hearty breakfast entrée on its own. But a couple slices of fried ham and eggs any way you like them really rounds out breakfast or brunch, doesn’t it? Pair it with a strong cup of black coffee, a chilled glass of orange juice or even a Fresh Cranberry Mimosa! Definitely gets the day started off right!
More Delicious Breakfast Casseroles…
- Eggs Benedict Casserole – bakes in half an hour!
- CrockPot Cinnamon Roll Casserole – made with a surprise ingredient.
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas recipe – perfect quick and easy breakfast.
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole – great make-ahead dish.
- Overnight Breakfast Blueberry Cake – sweet treat loaded with fresh blueberries!
Rich creamy layers of hashbrowns, cheddar cheese and other secret ingredients ready to made at home!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 10 1/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese separated into 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup portions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray an 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients above, except for the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Add mixture to the baking dish
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
REPIN this Easy Recipe