Copycat Bisquick Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Copycat Bisquick Mix Recipe is a must for every cook. Made with just four ingredients, that every kitchen is sure to have on hand, it’s an essential item in every “permanent pantry”.
Copycat Bisquick Mix Recipe
© CentsLess Meals
Pin it to your BAKING Board to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you are planning on making biscuits or if a recipe calls for Bisquick mix, there is nothing more frustrating that not having any on hand. A last minute trip to the store just when you are ready to cook is never fun!
This DIY version of Bisquick mix is the perfect substitute for Bisquick Mix that uses staple pantry ingredients you likely have on hand. And it tastes just like the original, with biscuits that are soft on the inside and full of crisp and crumbly goodness on the outside.
How to Make Bisquick Mix
This easy Bisquick mix is made with 4 ingredients and even fewer steps to make it!
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt together into a sifter and sift into a large bowl. If you don’t have a sifter, just shake ingredients through a strainer, or use a wire whisk to thoroughly mix in the bowl. When using a strainer or sifter, put the dry ingredients through at least 3 times.
- With two knives or a wire pastry blender, cut shortening into the dry ingredients until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Or, use a fork to mash until the desired consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and you’ll be ready to make copycat biscuits at the drop of a hat!
What to Use It For
Copycat Bisquick Mix is perfect for making shortcake. If you prefer a sweet shortcake, you can mix in some sugar to taste, before baking.
Try making several fruit toppings such as blueberry, raspberry, peach or apricot for cobbler, and let your family choose their own toppings for a fun “make your own” dessert bar. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
This mix is so versatile that you can easily adapt it for allergies before baking. Try mixing it with non-dairy milk or water before baking for a dairy-free treat. Just use Nutriwhip instead of regular whipped cream for a completely dairy-free dessert!
How Long Can I Store Bisquick Mix?
Copy Cat Biscuit Mix stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to four months. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
If you aren’t sure how soon you’ll be using it, store it in a ziplock bag- just squeeze the air out before sealing. Place this pouch inside the sealed container for extra freshness.
I absolutely love knowing this kitchen tip. Having ready to go Copycat Bisquick Mix on hand offers a big return on a small investment of time! Enjoy!
More Amazing Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich recipe– perfectly tender & juicy
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole – rich creamy layer of hashbrowns
- Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Copycat – made with bacon & onions
- Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce – super creamy with a kick!
- Copycat McDonalds Apple Pie – deliciously tart filling!
This recipe takes just a few seconds to make and tastes just like Bisquick mix!!!
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt at least three times into a large bowl.
Cut in shortening with either knives or just mash with a fork until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Store mixture in airtight container in the refrigerator.
This lasts for up to 4 months!!
Nutritional information is for 1 cup mix.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)