This Bisquick Recipe is just like the boxed version sold at the supermarket, but even better because it can be easily tossed together at home.
No need to worry about running out of this essential ingredient when this homemade mix is an easy substitute! The other great thing about this DIY recipe is that it is made with just four simple ingredients that every kitchen is sure to have on hand. Keep this quick and easy-to-make mix ready-made for so many other delicious recipes.
Copycat Bisquick Recipe
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Homemade Bisquick
- This DIY version of Bisquick mix is the best substitute for the boxed Bisquick Mix.
- It uses staple pantry ingredients, and it tastes just like the original. It will still make fresh warm biscuits that are soft on the inside and full of crisp and crumbly goodness on the outside.
- Keep this prepared and ready to go, so it can be used in recipes like bacon cream cheese biscuits and taco pockets.
Bisquick Ingredients & Variations
FLOUR Use white unbleached all-purpose flour for this recipe. And remember to sift the ingredients (the flour, salt, and baking powder), this will ensure that there are no lumps or clumps. Do this at least 3 times for the best results.
SHORTENING Classic shortening works best for this recipe. Try cutting it into the flour and then massaging it with your hands. It should resemble fine crumbs when you are done combining them.
How to Make Bisquick Mix
This easy Bisquick mix is made with 4 ingredients and even fewer steps!
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Cut shortening into the dry ingredients (per the recipe below).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
PRO TIP: If you don’t have a sifter, just shake ingredients through a strainer, or use a wire whisk to thoroughly mix in the bowl.
What to Use It For
- Copycat Bisquick Mix is perfect for making shortcake. For a sweet shortcake, mix in some sugar to taste, before baking.
- Try making several fruit toppings such as blueberry, raspberry, peach, or apricot for cobbler, and let everyone choose their own toppings for a fun “make your own” dessert bar. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
- Make quick pancakes, waffles, dumplings, cake, muffins, and bread.
- This mix can also be used for making pizza dough.
- Or use it for breakfast recipes. It makes a great crust for a quiche!
Tips for Preparing & Storing
- Remember to sift the flour, salt, and baking powder three times.
- Add the shortening and work it into the flour with a pastry cutter. You can also use your hands, a fork, or knives. This will make sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Copy Cat Biscuit Mix stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to four months. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
Having ready-to-go Copycat Bisquick Mix on hand offers a big return on a small investment of time! Enjoy!
More Amazing Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich recipe– Perfectly tender & juicy
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole – A rich creamy layer of hashbrowns
- Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Copycat – Made with bacon & onions
- Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce – Super creamy with a kick!
- Copycat McDonalds Apple Pie – Deliciously tart filling!
Copycat Bisquick recipe
- Pastry Cutter
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt at least three times into a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter, knives, or just mash with a fork until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Store mixture in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Will last up to 4 months in the refrigerator.
REPIN This Easy Copycat Bisquick Recipe