Buffalo Chicken Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders made with rotisserie chicken, provolone cheese and buffalo sauce, are perfect for hosting an event, or to entertain a larger crowd. The sliders are delicious, easy to put together, and ready in less than 40 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Pin it to your APPETIZERS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are amazing appetizers and will be enjoyed by everyone. They are also great to have during a football game, or even at a birthday party. The recipe is simple to assemble, and it’s also great that you can make it 2 days in advance. When ready to serve, just quickly bake the sliders for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy them.
I always use Hawaiian sweet rolls for sliders. The rolls are sweet, puffy, and go really well with rotisserie chicken and the provolone cheese. You will need about 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken. If you like only white meat, you can use only the breast part, but I usually use the whole chicken parts.
Then, I mix the chicken with the buffalo sauce and mayo, and add it to the buns. Before baking them, I season them with melted butter, some garlic powder, dried parsley and red pepper flakes.
What are Hawaiian Rolls?
Hawaiian Rolls originated in 1950s in Hilo, Hawaii. They have a slightly sweet taste, which is from added sugar, originally the recipe uses pineapple juice. The rolls are also very light and fluffy in texture.
What do you need to make Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- rotisserie chicken
- buffalo sauce
- provolone cheese
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- red pepper flakes
How to make Sliders:
- Prepare a 9×9 inch pan
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken with mayo and buffalo sauce.
- Layer the bottom half of the bun, then the provolone, chicken mixture, provolone and finally the remaining half of the bun.
- Brush with melted butter and seasonings.
- Cover and bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 – 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
Can you prepare Buffalo Chicken Sliders ahead of time?
Simply do all the steps prior to baking, cover with plastic wrap tightly and refrigerate in a container up to 2 days. When ready to cook, simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
Can I use other meat instead of chicken?
Yes, the sliders can be stuffed with other meats. A great alternative would be leftover turkey or ham.
Can I refrigerate the Buffalo Sauce Sliders?
Yes, to refrigerate them, simply wrap the sliders with aluminum foil and store them in a large airtight container in the fridge. Best used within 3-4 days.
These sliders are tiny buffalo chicken sandwich bites that are perfect for your next party or a when you need a quick lunch for your family. So easy and delicious, I know you will love them!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders made with rotisserie chicken, provolone cheese and buffalo sauce, are perfect for hosting an event, or to entertain a larger crowd.
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 count
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9x9 inches pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a serrated knife cut the slab of Hawaiian rolls in half. To divide them in two: a top and a bottom part. Make sure you don't pull apart the rolls, they need to stay together.
- Place the bottom part in the prepared pan, top with 6 slices of provolone cheese and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken with mayo and buffalo sauce, stir until fully combined. Taste the mixture and if needed add some salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture onto the bottom slab on top of the cheese. Using a spatula spread it evenly over the surface. Top with the remaining 6 slices of cheese. Finally, top with the top part of the rolls.
- In small bowl combine melted butter with garlic powder, dried parsley and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Slowly poor the mixture over the top of the rolls. Using a baking brush, distribute the mixture evenly over the top surface of the rolls.
- Cover the rolls with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the rolls and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let the rolls sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice the rolls and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)