Cream cheese fruit dip is a sweet delight that’s ideal for serving with a colorful fruit platter.
Strawberries, cream cheese, cool whip, and marshmallow fluff combine to make the best creamy and fresh dip for berries and fruits of all kinds!
Fruit dip with cream cheese is easy to make and will dress up that potluck offering, making it into something really special.
A Fruit Dip Delight
- Gorgeous presentation! This recipe makes a simple fruit platter into a fantastic-looking dessert or appetizer for any occasion!
- Just 4 ingredients mean this recipe is super easy to throw together.
- Make ahead for ease, and refrigerate. When the time is right, just grab and go.
- More than just a fruit dip! Try it with buttery almond cookies, easy shortbread cookies, chocolate-dipped coconut macaroon cookies or even granola bars!
Just 4 Ingredients
Strawberries – Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen berries can be thawed, or try adding all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and whip until creamy. Other fruits can be used too, try a raspberry, blueberry, or mixed berry version!
Dairy – Cream cheese adds tang and volume for the right consistency, or substitute some full-fat Greek yogurt. Cool whip or another brand of whipped topping will add just the right amount of sweetness to the dip. For a dairy-free option, try using coconut cream that has been hardened overnight in the refrigerator, and add a little powdered sugar to the mix.
Marshmallow Fluff – This ingredient makes the dip dessert-like and so appealing to kids (and grownups, too)!
No fluff on hand? Make your own by melting 2 cups of mini marshmallows with about a quarter cup of corn syrup!
Make Strawberry Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese
Cool & creamy strawberry dip couldn’t be easier to make!
- Prepare and puree the strawberries (as per the recipe below).
- Using an electric mixer, whip the strawberry puree with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with fresh cold fruit for dipping.
Fruit Dip Tips and Tricks
- Try using a high-speed blender to create the recipe. Simply puree the strawberries, then add the other ingredients and continue to blend, stopping the blender to scrape down the sides.
- This dip tastes great made ahead of time. Add it to a pretty dip bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate. When it’s time to serve, make a strawberry fan as a garnish on the top. Leave the stem on, and slice the strawberry from top to bottom, without cutting all the way through. Then fan the berry out and place it on top of the dip!
- Other tasty add-ins could include frozen whipped banana, coconut cream, heavy whipping cream, or other pureed fruits of choice. Experiment and make a signature dip courtesy of the chef!
Serving and Storing Fruit Dip
Serve strawberry cream cheese fruit dip with a platter of fruit kabobs with chocolate drizzle or a platter of mixed berries, apples, melon, or tropical fruits. It’s also tasty with some Nutella fruit dip as an alternative, so why not make both kinds? Perfect for a dessert buffet served along with some Cannoli or Tiramisu.
Cream cheese fruit dip can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours, and longer. It will hold its shape well with cream cheese in the mix. But it is also good with yogurt or coconut cream, however it may not stay as fluffy. It will still taste just as good, especially with graham crackers for dipping! This recipe is not recommended for freezing.
Did you make this Strawberry cream cheese fruit dip?
Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 10 strawberries
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 4 ounces Whipped topping , such as Cool Whip, softened
- Slice the tops off of the strawberries, add them to a food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl add the strawberry puree, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and whipped topping. Whip until smooth and creamy with a hand mixer. (Or use a stand mixer to whip)
- Serve with fresh fruit or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Soften the cream cheese before blending for a smooth texture.
- Sweeten the dip to taste using powdered sugar, honey, or your preferred sweetener.
- Enhance the flavor with vanilla extract, citrus zest, cinnamon, or almond extract.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.