Boursin Cheese Pasta is TikTok trending right now for good reason!
Pasta, creamy Boursin cheese, and veggies are simmered in a cream sauce that’s all made and served in one skillet! This is the ultimate mac and cheese dinner with just 6 easy to-find ingredients. And the best part is how simple this recipe is to make.
What is Boursin Cheese?
Boursin is a soft and creamy, herb-studded cheese similar to cream cheese, but smoother and pre-seasoned with garlic, white pepper, salt, parsley, and chives. It’s super popular, so it’s easy to find in the deli section of the supermarket.
Creamy Boursin Pasta
- One skillet pasta recipes are easy, time-saving, and promise a quick clean-up! Perfect for busy weeknights!
- Hearty enough for meatless entrees and easy enough to double or triple up for when company’s coming!
- Make and serve as a hot main dish or enjoy leftovers served cold!
- Add cooked chicken or use up leftover oven-roasted vegetables to make every penny count!
What’s in Boursin Pasta?
CHEESE: Boursin melts smooth and easy into the chicken stock and heavy cream. Feta, cream cheese, and gorgonzola would also work as substitutes.
PASTA: Choose medium-sized pasta shapes with ridges or tubes to hold all that delicious sauce! Penne, rotini, bowtie, or bucatini are great choices.
VEGETABLES: Colorful peas and tomatoes give this dish an elegant look despite how easy it is to make! Try broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, asparagus, or spinach for tasty variations.
How to Make Boursin Cheese Pasta
This easy dish comes together in no time!
- Prepare pasta and reserve some pasta water.
PRO TIP: Don’t rinse the pasta so it stays a little starchy which helps thicken the sauce.
- Melt Boursin cheese, add broth and cream. Whisk and simmer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (per the recipe below).
Extras and Add-Ins
Add some juicy meatballs, or serve with some homemade bread sticks, a crispy cucumber radish salad, and a simple, baked fruit crisp for dessert!
Keep leftover Boursin cheese pasta in a covered container in the fridge up to 4 days. Reheat over low heat on the stove (add some milk to loosen the sauce) or in the microwave.
Portions can be frozen for up to 4 weeks, however, the pasta won’t be as firm once it’s thawed. Simply add fresh pasta to improve the texture. Or better yet, since this recipe is so quick and easy to make, simply cook a fresh batch!
Perfect Pasta Recipes To Try!
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta – delicious entree.
- Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta – kid-approved.
- Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe – as an entree or side.
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta – for the seafood lover.
- Black Bean Pasta – vegetarian main or tasty side.
Boursin Cheese Pasta
- 12 ounces medium pasta any shape
- 5.2 ounces Boursin cheese herb and garlic flavor
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed*
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- fresh basil and parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente (firm). Reserve ½ cup pasta water, drain the remaining water and set pasta aside in a bowl. Do not rinse pasta.
- In the same pot, melt Boursin cheese over medium heat. Add chicken broth and milk, whisk together and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons pasta water, and hot pasta. Simmer 1 minute more. Add more pasta water if sauce becomes too thick.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
- Nutrition calculated without optional garnish.
- Thaw peas quickly by placing in a colander, then drain the pasta over the peas!
- Optional: Add cooked chicken for added protein.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Boursin Cheese Pasta recipe!