This Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken sandwich is super easy to prepare and so flavorful.
This super easy, kinda tangy, kinda spicy, slow cooker recipe for pulled chicken is perfect for the big game or any big gathering for that matter. Everyone will love it!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy & Delicious Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Let the crockpot do the work for this easy and delicious pulled chicken.
- The beer marinade will turn simple boneless and skinless chicken breasts into juicy and tender chicken.
- Once cooked the chicken easily shreds! Add to soft buns, turn into sliders, and then top with all kinds of additions.
- Let your guests help themselves and build their own bbq chicken sandwich with all the fixings. Set out small bowls and let everyone DIY.
- Taking it somewhere else? Just grab and go in the Crock-Pot and set up shop with some hamburger buns, a side of macaroni salad, and some coleslaw!
Ingredients & Variations
BEER Believe it or not, beer makes a great flavor enhancer and marinade for all kinds of things, especially meat. Crock Pot beer chicken needs light beer. A darker and heavier beer will overpower the mild flavor of the chicken.
SAUCE Use sweet or spicy or any favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe or try a homemade version.
CHICKEN Fresh or frozen breasts can easily be used in this recipe. Just be sure they are boneless and skinless chicken breasts for easy shredding!
VARIATIONS All kinds of tasty things can top a BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwich – crispy fried onions, sautéed onions, sautéed sliced mushrooms, sliced jalapenos, pepperoncini, sliced pickles, and sauerkraut
How to Make Crock Pot Pulled Chicken
This simple sandwich recipe is the best for bringing to a potluck or party.
- Season chicken in the crockpot.
- Top with BBQ sauce and beer and cook (per the recipe below).
- Shred, top with more BBQ sauce and green onions.
To serve, pile high on your bun and top for the perfect juicy sandwich!
What about Leftovers?
BBQ Beer Can Chicken can be easily stored and used the next day and the day after that, if there is any left! Make sure the bbq chicken is cooled enough to put in an airtight container or a zippered bag and store in the refrigerator until it is ready to reheat and serve.
To reheat, simply cook on the stovetop or reheat in the microwave. Be sure to adjust the seasonings with a bit of extra bbq sauce and some salt and pepper.
Time Saving Tips
Try making this recipe in advance. Cook and shred the chicken, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When dinner or lunch is ready to be served, reheat in the crock and add the extra BBQ sauce and green onion to refresh the flavors.
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – A fun appetizer
- BBQ Bacon Chicken Sliders – Perfect for parties!
- Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs – Excellent grilled recipe
- BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – An entree salad
Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches recipe
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot and sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika.
- Add 1 cup of barbecue sauce and light beer.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours, stirring after about 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Top with remaining barbecue sauce and green onions and serve on a sesame seed bun.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches