Take your BBQ Chicken Sandwich game to the next level with this super easy, kinda tangy, kinda spicy, slow cooker recipe for pulled chicken. Perfect for the big game or any big gathering for that matter!
Let your guests help themselves and build their own bbq chicken sandwich with all the fixin’s you can set out in small bowls and let everyone DIY. Taking it somewhere else? Just grab and go in the Crock Pot and set up shop with some hamburger buns, a side Classic Macaroni Salad, coleslaw and some gooey Caramel Brownies!
CrockPot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why Use Beer?
Believe it or not, beer makes a great flavor enhancer and marinade for all kinds of things, especially meat. Crock Pot beer chicken needs light beer. Any beer that is darker and heavier will overpower the mild flavor of chicken.
How To Make Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Season chicken breasts and place in the crock pot. Cover with the barbecue sauce and 1 cup of the light beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high, stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken is shredded, serve atop a sesame seed bun with extra BBQ sauce and sliced green onions.
The Best Toppings For A BBQ Chicken Sandwich
All kinds of tasty things can top a BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwich! Here’s a list of my faves, but you can come up with some of your own, too!
- French fried onions
- Sauteed onions
- Sauteed sliced mushrooms
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sliced pickles
What About The Leftovers?
BBQ Beer Can Chicken can be easily stored and used the next day and the day after that, if there is any left! Make sure the bbq chicken is cooled enough to put in an airtight container or a zippered bag and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to reheat and serve.
To reheat, simply cook on the stovetop or pop into the microwave. Be sure to adjust the seasonings with a bit of extra bbq sauce and some salt and pepper.
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – a fun appetizer.
BBQ Bacon Chicken Sliders – perfect for parties!
Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs – excellent grilled recipe.
BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – an entree salad.
Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches recipe
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot and sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika.
- Add 1 cup of barbecue sauce and light beer.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours, stirring after about 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Top with remaining barbecue sauce and green onions and serve on a sesame seed bun.