This Easy Spinach Dip recipe is the ultimate classic dip that everyone loves!
Load up a plate with veggies and crackers to enjoy this delicious quick & simple cold spinach dip. It’s a recipe that is easy to serve in a bread bowl or to use as the centerpiece for a plate of tasty Pizza Dough Breadsticks. Any way it’s presented, this is the one dip recipe that should never be missing from a party!
Easy Spinach Dip
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cold Spinach Dip Recipe
- It’s delicious to use not just for a fresh and tasty dip, but for use in other recipes, or as the filling for Spinach Stuffed Chicken.
- Easy-to-make cold dip appetizers like this one are perfect to prep ahead of time and pull out of the refrigerator when needed.
- Just 6 ingredients, and it’s super creamy made with mayo and either sour cream or Greek yogurt!
Ingredients and Variations
DAIRY – Sour cream or Greek yogurt, plus mayonnaise form the base for Easy Vegetable Dip. It’s also fine to use a combination of all if desired. For the best flavor, stick with full-fat ingredients, especially for keto diets.
SOUP MIX – Vegetable soup mix adds savory flavor and a bit of crunch. It’s ok to sub onion soup mix, but the dip will have a totally different flavor profile. In this case, it may be a good idea to leave out the water chestnuts.
WATER CHESTNUTS – Lovers of classic dips, rejoice because yes, this is the classic “with water chestnuts recipe.” They add such an unmistakable flavor and texture, this dip just isn’t the same without them. (But should the chef choose to leave them out, we won’t hold it against them.)
VARIATION – This is the best versatile dip that can be served hot or cold. If served warm use a warming pot, or keep it in a Crockpot. Shred some cheese on top and brown it under the broiler for extra savory, melty goodness. And make sure to have some crusty bread nearby for dipping or spreading.
How Do You Make Spinach Dip
How to make fresh homemade spinach dip? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Squeeze all the liquid out of defrosted spinach.
- Chop water chestnuts.
- Mix all ingredients together (per the recipe below) and chill. (Or heat it up in the Crock Pot.)
What To Eat With Spinach Dip
Try spinach dip spread on slices of The BEST Cheesy Bread EVER recipe. Make a delicious platter full of colorful vegetables for dipping. Serve it alongside a plate of Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms or Oven Roasted Cauliflower. Or have it in a bread bowl with pieces of bread for dipping arranged around the outside. The choices are endless for this recipe.
Recipe & Time Saving Tips
Spinach dip will keep fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Keep it covered in an airtight container, and drain off any liquid that may rise to the top before serving it. It’s easy to freeze spinach dip, too. Store it in a freezer-safe container for up to two months. Allow it to thaw completely before mixing thoroughly and serving.
Party Platter Ideas
- Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels – perfect for parties!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe– 3 cheese creamy!
- Fruit Kabobs with Chocolate Drizzle – summertime finger food.
- Creamy BLT Dip Recipe – easy make ahead dip.
Easy Spinach Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (1 package)
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise or dressing (low fat or regular)
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts drained
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix (1.4 ounces)
- 3 green onions chopped
- Defrost spinach overnight in the fridge or in the microwave. Squeeze out all liquid.
- Chop water chestnuts. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.