Pizza Mac and Cheese Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s a tasty mashup between pizza and macaroni and cheese and gets extra bonus points for being easy. Baked into bite-sized portions in a mini muffin tin, this is a perfect snack or lunch.
Pizza Mac and Cheese Bites
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I am so excited to partner with Bob Evans to create this reimagined family favorite recipe!
How to Make Mac and Cheese Bites
Prepping and cooking couldn’t be easier, starting with a package of creamy Bob Evans Mac and Cheese. Then we give it a homemade flair by dressing it up with tasty pizza seasonings and toppings like pepperoni, parmesan and mozzarella before baking. What kid can refuse?
Busy moms are certain to love how simple it is to make this recipe from start to finish. It’s ready to serve in a half hour, and most of that is baking time.
- Mix the Bob Evans Mac and Cheese with the other ingredients.
- Divide into mini muffin tins.
- Bake until heated through and golden brown on top.
Serve with pizza sauce or other favorite toppings.
Don’t have a mini muffin tin? Not to worry. Bake in a casserole dish for cutting into bite size pieces. If you go this route, add 5-10 minutes and sure to check the center for firmness before removing. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
Can You Make it In Advance?
I love how mac and cheese bites hold their shape for making ahead, either for bringing to parties and potlucks or freezing for later.
- To freeze, first cool and place on a cookie sheet until frozen solid. Then transfer to a zip top freezer bag for the ultimate in quick after school snacks.
- To reheat, just pop one or two in the microwave to take the edge off the kiddos’ appetites.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to four days, or in the freezer for up to four months.
More Delicious Additions
Don’t feel you have to limit yourself to the add-ins in this recipe. Here are other ideas that you can substitute or add:
- Meat: crispy fried bacon bits, diced ham, ground beef crumbles
- Fruits & Veggies: chopped pimentos, chopped chives or green onions, mushrooms
When it comes to mac and cheese bites, the sky’s the limit on what you can include. This yummy little treat is sure to satisfy even the fussiest appetite. And yes, adults gobble them up too!
More Pizza’d Faves
Pizza Dough Breadsticks – so easy!
Pizza Enchiladas recipe – a twist on a classic.
Cheesy Pizza Dip recipe – party favorite.
Pulled Pork Pizza – simple and different.
Crescent Roll Pizza – quick pizza prep!
Perfect combination of two childhood favorites!
- 1 package Bob Evans Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives diced
- 1/3 cup pepperoni chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- pizza sauce for serving
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine macaroni and cheese, mozzarella, eggs, flour, bread crumbs, basil and oregano. Mix until combined.
Gently fold in bell pepper, pepperoni, and olives.
Spoon into greased mini muffin tins.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over bites.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with pizza sauce.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)