Pizza Dough Breadsticks are so quick and easy to make. Made from refrigerated pizza dough, they are a tasty timesaver in any kitchen, even better, all you need is a baking pan or a pizza pan! Serve with an easy tuscan pasta or dip into a big bowl of broccoli soup.
Who doesn’t just LOVE the aroma of freshly baked bread at home? How about freshly baked garlic breadsticks? Making breadsticks from pizza dough is a genius way to get the same pricey breadsticks at your local Italian eatery for a fraction of the cost!
Pizza Dough Breadsticks
Pin it to your APPETIZERS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How to Make Breadsticks from Pizza Dough
When making these tasty breadsticks, I love to keep it extra simple by using a pre-made roll of pizza dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or the temperature on the pizza dough package directions.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a greased pizza pan and brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with a little garlic powder.
- Top with your choice of shredded cheese and then a ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
You will want to let these cheesy breadsticks cool for about 3 minutes before cutting it intro strip or squares. It really IS that easy to make homemade breadsticks from pizza dough! So easy you’ll want to whip up a batch of these over and over again.
How to Reheat Breadsticks
Leftover breadsticks, if there are any, make for a delicious snack. Especially when dipped in a simple marinara sauce or an extra tasty bacon cheeseburger dip! We found these two methods work best for a quick and easy reheat!
- Toaster Oven: The best way to reheat pizza dough breadsticks is to put them in a toaster oven, which keeps them crispy on the outside and still chewy on the inside.
- Microwave: You can put them in the microwave along with a small bowl of hot water to create a steam effect, which is another way to get them hot and chewy!
How to Serve Cheesy Breadsticks from Pizza Dough
There are dozens and dozens of ways to serve cheesy breadsticks! We love serving them with a huge helping of crock pot spaghetti and meatballs or an Italian sausage pasta. They are perfectly dippable in any kind of soup or stew! Try a little ranch dressing and maybe a side salad for a quick lunch or late-night snack!
More Tasty Appies or Snacks!
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers recipe – personal favorite.
- Cheesy Breadsticks – extra cheesy!
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – easy, delicious and perfectly spicy!
- CrockPot Cocktail Meatballs – easy to prep and toss in the crock pot.
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – bacon wrapped bite sized goodies!
Pizza Dough Breadsticks
- 1 roll pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese any kind
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Top with cheeses and parsley.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cool 3 minutes before cutting.