We love making quick and tasty appetizers around here, they are perfect for get togethers and parties. If you are anything like me, you probably won’t mind having a spread of appetizers for dinner. Some of my other favorites are Sausage Balls and Grape Jelly Meatballs as they are easy to make and packed with flavors.
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. Tater tots wrapped in bacon is probably the best-kept party secret, next to BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites! The bacon on top is crispy with an appealing golden brown color, while the tater tots are cooked to pure perfection.
When you bite into them, you experience the nice mix of sweet and spicy flavors, thanks to the maple syrup and cayenne pepper mix. The cayenne pepper and smoked paprika really bring this glaze to another level. It gives the Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots a spicier kick, but at the same time, it balances well with the sweetness from maple syrup.
It takes only a few minutes to assemble these, and then simply bake them for 20-25 minutes until crispy perfection. They are great as a regular snack, side dish, or even to host a football game event. Simple to make, taste delicious, and loved by everyone. It cannot get any better!
What is a Tater Tot?
Tater Tots are just grated potatoes that have been rolled together into bite-size cylindrical shapes and fried to crispy perfection. You can serve tater tots as a side dish, appetizer of part of other recipes, like a casserole.
Are Tater Tots and French Fries the same?
No, they are not. French Fries are longer, skinnier, pieces of sliced potatoes that have been either baked or fried to crispy perfection. The main difference is that Tater Tots, as mentioned before, are pieces of grated potatoes mushed into shape together.
Are frozen Tater Tots pre-cooked?
If you buy a bag of frozen tater tots, they have already been fully cooked, all you have to do is reheat them and serve.
What do you need to make Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots?
- tater tots
- maple syrup
- smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper (optional)
How to make Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots?
- It is so simple to make Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots!
- Prepare your ingredients, preheat your oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon into thirds, then wrap each tater tot with bacon and place on a baking sheet.
- Prepare your glaze, then brush over the tots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Can you make Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots ahead of time?
Yes, simply do all the steps prior to baking, and refrigerate in a container up to 2-3 days. When ready to cook, simply preheat the oven to 425°F, and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
Can you freeze Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots?
You can easily freeze tater Tots if preferred so. Also, you can freeze them prior to or after cooking them. Store them in a container or wrap them in aluminum and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots?
Like most recipes with a crispy crust, we recommend serving the Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots right away when bacon is crispy. To reheat any leftover, preheat the oven to 350°F and bake about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Other Delicious Appetizers To Try!
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Italian Sliders
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- 1 12oz bag frozen tater tots at room temperature
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds.
- Wrap each tater tot in a piece of bacon and arrange, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine all the glaze ingredients, stir well.
- Using a baking brush, brush the glaze onto the bacon wrapped tater tots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and nicely browned. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Super Appetizer Recipe!
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Shrimp