Pesto Caprese Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pesto Caprese Salad is a quick and easy salad that everyone will just love!
This pesto caprese salad recipe takes minutes to make and has only three ingredients! It’s an elegant addition to any table!
Pesto Caprese Salad
REPIN to your SALADS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The ingredients are same as the popular Giovanni Rana version, but this one uses grape tomatoes and mozzarella balls that don’t require any knife work. Just rinse and toss into a bowl!
What is Pesto Caprese Salad?
Bright, fresh flavors, ingredients available all year long, and ready in 3 steps? What’s not to love? Besides, this salad goes with everything, it’s even good in a wrap or a pita pocket! It makes a refreshing summer salad or a colorful addition to a buffet table, it doesn’t get any easier, does it?
Ingredients and Variations
TOMATOES – Grape or cherry tomatoes are the best presentation in this salad. The skins keep the boccancini and the acid from the tomatoes from mixing and melting the cheese.
CHEESE – Boccancini means “little mouthful,” the perfect name for mozzarella cheese the size of grapes! They match perfectly with grape or cherry tomatoes.
PESTO – Some basil pesto and olive oil and it’s good to go.
OTHER TASTY ADDITIONS –
- Mix it up with some freshly cubed avocados, kalamata olives, or even add some cooked bacon bits for a new twist!
- Cooked, chilled macaroni, penne, or ziti noodles add texture and contrast, too.
- Sprinkle in some minced garlic, sea salt, and cracked black pepper add depth of flavor.
- For color, experiment with yellow, orange, or even purple grape tomatoes! So many ideas!
- A drizzle of balsamic glaze on each plate before serving dresses up the presentation!
How To Make Pesto Caprese Salad
We love how quick and easy this salad is to make, and how amazing the flavor turns out every time! This is definitely a go-to salad for guests!
- Drain boccancini and wash tomatoes.
- Toss the tomatoes and cheese with the basil pesto.
- Refrigerate at least an hour. Garnish with basil and olive oil (optional)
Perfect Pesto Caprese Salad
- Make this salad perfect by keeping it as cold as possible during serving. This makes the flavors really pop.
- If the salad will be sitting out awhile, place the serving bowl in a larger bowl with crushed ice in it. Give it a stir occasionally.
- Alternately, thread the boccancini and tomatoes on skewers between leaves of basil, arrange on a platter, and drizzle with the basil/olive oil for a hand-held appetizer!
PRO TIP: To garnish with fresh basil, stack the leaves and then roll them up from the wider end to the other. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/8” ribbons out of the basil. Separate the ribbons and sprinkle on top.
Pesto Caprese Salad will keep 5 to 7 days as long as it’s kept refrigerated. To refresh, give it a stir and add a dash of salt or a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve it up!
Other Easy Salad Recipes To Try!
- Tomato Salad Recipe – easy and fresh!
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad – delicious summer salad.
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – creamy ranch flavor!
- Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe – a twist on a classic recipe.
- Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad – an entree salad.
Pesto Caprese Salad is easy to make, delicious and so colorful.
- 8 oz bocconcini cocktail size
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- olive oil and fresh parsley for garnish optional
Wash tomatoes and place in a medium bowl with bocconcini.
Add pesto and toss well to combine.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil (or parsley) if desired.
*Nutrition calculated without olive oil and fresh basil.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)