Busy nights and tight budgets call for this homemade Easy Italian Casserole!
Crescent roll recipes with ground beef, like this Easy Italian Casserole, are so quick to put together and are always hearty and delicious! Crescent recipes are super popular for quick and easy dinners, and they save time and clean up, too! Families love the taste, and home chefs love the simplicity.
Easy Italian Casserole
PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Italian Crescent Casserole
We love crescent recipes because they make a light, flaky crust that can hold up under all kinds of fillings. Our Italian crescent roll casserole is so flavorful and filling, it’ll be a family favorite for sure. Company coming? Italian casserole is just the thing for a crowd of hungry guests!
Crescent Roll Bake Ingredients and Variations
DOUGH – Pillsbury crescent rolls make even the most basic recipes look elegant and appetizing!
MEAT – Just a little seasoned ground beef make this a one-dish wonder! It’s even a great recipe for leftover chicken, turkey, or sausage.
CHEESE – With loads of gooey cheese on top this dish is sure to be an all time favorite.
PASTA SAUCE – Ready-made pasta sauce is super convenient, especially for busy weeknights. For an alternative, try it with chicken, broccoli, and homemade alfredo sauce.
How To Make Italian Casserole
- Cook beef and onion until browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce and simmer.
- Place crescent roll triangles, tips facing outward and overlapping the lip of a pie plate. Press crusts together to cover bottom.
- Pour beef mixture into the crust and top with half the cheese. Gently fold the tips over toward the center of the casserole and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake as directed.
Recipe Tips and Time Savers
- Crescent rolls will puff up better when they are cooked starting from room temperature.
- As the meat and sauce are being prepared, let the can of crescent rolls warm up a bit on the counter.
- Add a dash or two of Italian seasoning (or dressing!) to the sauce to make it a little more zesty!
- Stuffed crescent roll recipes are great for a make-ahead meal, just assemble, cover, refrigerate and pop it in the oven!
What To Serve With Italian Casserole
Stuffed crescent roll recipes are a full meal in themselves, but a few sides will round out this yummy meal; we like pesto caprese salad, or a simple tomato salad recipe. For a veggie side, we like glaze carrots, or roasted butternut squash.
Other Tasty Prepared Dough Recipes:
- Baked Taco Ring -ready in just 45 min.
- Crescent Roll Pizza – quick, easy and so tasty!
- Oven Baked Grilled Cheese – perfect for lunch.
- Cheesy Breadsticks – kid approved!
- Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – tasty appie!
Easy Italian Casserole
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Drain well.
- Stir in pasta sauce and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate the triangles. Place them in a 9" pie plate with the pointed tips facing outward. Using your fingers, press the seams and the open spots of the crescents to create a crust.
- Fill the crust with the beef mixture. Add half the cheese. Fold over the tips of the crescent rolls and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Inspired by Pillsbury