Italian Crescent Casserole recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
My kids like to call this Italian Crescent Casserole their “crescent lasagna”. It has almost the same ingredients I put into my lasagna, except no noodles. This is super easy to throw together and the best part is, you probably have all these ingredients on hand! It’s not very time consuming to put together and a definite change from the usual spaghetti or lasagna. Give this a try! The best part is, if you don’t care for one or all of the cheeses, mix and match them to your liking! 🙂
A deliciously flavorful casserole loaded with beef, cheese and tomato and baked until golden.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and cook until heated all the way through.
- In medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour hot beef mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the ground beef mixture and spread evenly.
- Unroll dough over cheese mixture.
- In small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Spread evenly over dough.
- Bake at 375°F. for 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crescents are fully cooked.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Inspired by Pillsbury