Creamed corn casserole is a bright and delicious side dish that is so easy to make!
This casserole is loaded with sweet corn, creamed corn, and corn muffin mix, along with some sour cream egg, and butter. It is a soft tender bread-like casserole that is going to be a family favorite. If you’re looking for the perfect dish for your next potluck or just an interesting side dish for your next meal, this casserole is it!
Easy Go-To Side Dish!
- An easy side dish is a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving menu! This leaves time for other sides like turkey, mashed potatoes, and more.
- This cream corn casserole brings a delightful color, interesting texture, and delicious taste to any meal!
- It is also the perfect substitute for turkey stuffing!
- Make cornbread without flour for a gluten-free version of this recipe.
Ingredients And Variations
MUFFIN MIX: This recipe calls for a box of Jiffy Corn Mix, however, a cornbread recipe from scratch can be used as a substitute.
CORN: Two different types of corn are included in this recipe – creamed and whole-kernel corn. Both of these are corn in a can and can be found at the local supermarket. Fresh or frozen corn can be used as a replacement for the can of whole-kernel corn.
VARIATIONS: To make this recipe a little spicier add some diced jalapeno peppers! Not only would it jazz it up, but it would add a splash of color! Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top for added flavor!
How to make Creamed Corn Casserole
You just cannot beat the simplicity of this recipe! With just 2 simple steps it is so easy to make.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake (as per the recipe below)!
- This casserole is perfect to serve alongside chicken and stuffing with a classic green bean casserole. It is the best cold-weather meal, and great for the holidays too!
- It would also taste delicious alongside some Crockpot chicken tortilla soup, and Mexican cheese soup.
- Cooking for a crowd? Then double the recipe and make enough for everyone!
Tips For Success
This casserole can easily be made a day ahead. Store in the refrigerator and then take it out and cook it in the oven.
Wrap leftovers in aluminum foil and store them in an airtight container for a few days in the refrigerator. It will last for up to 6 months in an airtight container in the freezer. To reheat, defrost in the fridge first, then preheat oven to 350°F and cook until heated through and slightly browned on top.
More Corn Based Recipes You’ll Love
- Mexican Corn Salad – a delicious street corn salad!
- Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder – hearty, savory soup!
- Cheesy Corn Dip – a creamy dip made with bacon!
- Jalapeno Cornbread – spicy, cheesy goodness
Creamed Corn Casserole
- 8.5 ounces package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 16 ounces whole kernel corn 1 can, drained
- 16 ounces creamed corn 1 can
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread evenly into greased pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make corn casserole a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Refrigerate leftovers wrapped in aluminum foil or in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Freeze cooled corn casserole for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- To reheat, defrost in the refrigerator, then heat in a 350˚F oven until heated through.