Cream Corn Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cream Corn Casserole is a bright and delicious side dish that is so easy to make! Loaded with sweet corn and corn muffin mix, this soft tender bread-like casserole is going to be a family favorite!
Cream Corn Casserole
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Is The Difference Between Corn Bread and Corn Casserole?
- Traditional Corn Bread is usually fried or baked, or made into corn cakes. It is often cut up like bread would be and served as a side with a dish such as soup, chili or perhaps BBQ chicken. In some cases, cornbread is steamed in which case it is mushy or more pudding-like than what is considered to be bread.
- Corn Casserole is definitely more on the pudding end of the spectrum where it is spooned out instead of cut up. It is so soft and wonderfully tasty, served by heaping spoonfuls onto your plate.
Cream Corn Casserole is a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu! It brings a delightful color, interesting texture and delicious taste to your plate! For those of you who are not turkey stuffing fans, this Cream Corn Corn casserole is the perfect substitute! Or simply add it along with all your traditional favorites, just be sure to save a bit of room on your plate for a luscious spoonful!
How to Make Cream Corn Casserole
You just cannot beat the simplicity of this recipe! With just 2 simple steps it is so easy to make.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake!
This recipe calls for a box of Jiffy Corn Mix, however, if you have a scratch cornbread recipe that you prefer feel free to substitute it in. You may want to make this recipe a little spicier by adding diced jalapeno peppers! Not only would it jazz it up, but it would also be so colorful too! We sometimes add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top too!
When it comes to leftovers we love to keep it simple! TO make clean up easy, line your baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. At the end of the evening, you can use the foil to store any leftover casserole in the fridge, or if it’s all gone then crumple the foil and toss in the garbage! Either way, no washing needed! How simple is that?
- To Store: Cover casserole dish in foil, store individual servings in airtight containers, or in freezer bags.
- In the Fridge: If stored in airtight containers or covered in foil this casserole should last for a few days in the fridge.
- In the Freezer: Store in an airtight container or freezer bags. Let cool completely then pop in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To Reheat: Defrost in the fridge. Then preheat the oven to 350°F and cook until heated through and slightly browned on top.
If you’re looking for the perfect dish for your next potluck or just an interesting side dish for your next meal, you’ll love this Creamy Corn Casserole!
More Corn Based Recipes You’ll Love
- 3 Cheese Corn Casserole with Bacon – perfect holiday side
- Mexican Corn Salad – a delicious street corn salad!
- Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder – hearty, savory soup!
- Cheesy Corn Dip – a creamy dip made with bacon!
- Jalapeno Cornbread – spicy, cheesy goodness
Cream Corn Casserole is a bright and delicious side dish that is so easy to make!
- 8 1/2 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 1 box
- 16 ounces whole kernel corn (1 can) drained
- 16 ounces creamed corn (1 can)
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup margarine melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread evenly into greased pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)