I have a confession, I’m in love with this 3 Cheese Corn Casserole with Bacon recipe! I cannot make it enough…it’s just soooo good! Who can resist coating veggies in cheese and bacon right? My hubby likes to put this on his mashed potatoes but I prefer to just enjoy it all by itself, but hey….whatever floats your boat.
Vegetable side dishes like Zucchini Casserole With Stuffing or Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole, are a great way to round out a meal. I love the simplicity of having a side dish ready and waiting in the oven while I focus on my main course!
3 Cheese Corn Casserole with Bacon
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Corn Casserole is the most irresistible side dish! Sweet and savory, this easy, creamy corn and bacon casserole recipe is prepped in mere minutes and will be hot and ready in just under a half hour!
You can use canned, frozen or even fresh kernel corn, and it can even be made in a crock pot! The salty flavors of the Monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend perfectly with the mild sweetness of the corn.
How To Make Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat all ingredients, reserving a bit of the cheese and bacon bits for the top, in a skillet until combined.
- Pour mixture into a prepared casserole dish.
- Top with reserved cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until heated through.
What To Serve With Corn Casserole
Cheesy corn with bacon casserole really lends itself to being the perfect side dish for beef, pork or chicken! It would be great served with these Oven Baked Pork Chops or maybe along side a slow cooker Balsamic Roast Beef.
Keep this easy casserole recipe handy when you need a quick and delicious dish to bring to a community or work potluck. It will go along perfectly with any variety of dishes assembled.
What To Do With Leftover Corn Casserole
Leftovers can easily be stored in the refrigerator as long as it is covered and kept in an airtight container. Leaving it open in the fridge will cause it to dry out and worse, absorb the odors of other items.
This casserole is easily reheated, or can even be eaten cold. Adjust the flavors with a dash of salt and pepper, or maybe a shot of hot sauce and it is ready to serve all over again!
How To Freeze Corn Casserole
Corn and cheese casserole is easily frozen and will thaw out really well too! Place it in a zippered bag or an airtight container to retain freshness and be sure to label the outside with the date. This casserole will last about eight weeks in the freezer, but you will use it up long before then for sure!
Other Delicious Corn Recipes To Try
Cream Corn Casserole – made with corn muffin mix.
Mexican Corn Salad – a flavourful fiesta in every bite.
Oven Baked Corn – easy and delicious.
Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder – an entree soup.
Grilled Corn Guacamole – perfect for parties or potlucks.
3 Cheese Corn Casserole with Bacon recipe
- 4 cups frozen corn defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 4 oz mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat and add corn, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook until heated.
- Stir in cream cheese, chilies, butter and milk. Cook until smooth. Fold in bacon and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Spread into prepared dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and extra if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly.