Now is the perfect time to enjoy the bounty of summer’s juicy strawberries with this Fresh Strawberry Pie.
This recipe is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Made with a strawberry-flavored glaze and topped with cool and sweet whipped cream this strawberry pie looks like it’s straight from the bakery.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
We Love Fresh Strawberry Pie!
- Fresh strawberries in a strawberry-flavored glaze are scooped into a ready-made pie crust that makes this recipe a keeper all spring and summer long.
- Even frozen strawberries can be used, just drain them thoroughly before using them.
- Serve as a special dessert with a refreshing pitcher of Freckled Strawberry Lemonade recipe
Ingredients and Variations
STRAWBERRIES: Fresh from the garden, farmer’s market, or the local supermarket, choose berries that are bright red, sweet-smelling, and free of bruises or blemishes. Remove stems. Toss in a handful of blueberries or slices of kiwi for a fun, tropical twist.
FILLING: Strawberry jello simmered with cornstarch, water, and sugar give the filling for the strawberry pie that signature red glaze.
CRUST: Use a single pre-baked pie crust or a graham cracker crust. Even a chocolate cookie crust will do!
How to Make Strawberry Pie
This fancy fresh strawberry pie is actually quite simple to make.
- Prepare strawberries.
- Simmer strawberry glaze. Allow to cool.
- Combine the strawberries with the glaze and pour into the pie crust. Allow the pie to set.
Serve with whipped cream and garnish with chopped mint, walnuts, or even extra strawberries.
Pie Making Tips
Fresh is best for berries, cut them in uniform sizes to make the pie look more elegant. For best results, avoid overfilling the pie crust.
If there is extra strawberry filling, don’t let it go to waste! Save it for topping on scoops of vanilla ice cream or as a topping for pancakes and waffles.
Simple Recipe Time Savers
Save time and use a store-bought or premade baked pie crust, or even a graham cracker crust!
Make this recipe any time of year – defrost, and thoroughly drain, frozen strawberries instead of using fresh. Or fill it with canned strawberry pie filling instead of fresh berries and glaze if time is short.
Even with these simple shortcuts, this strawberry pie turns out delicious every time!
Favorite Pie Recipes
- Berry Fluff Pie – just 4 simple ingredients.
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie – fall favorite!
- No Bake Key Lime Pie – refreshingly sweet & tart.
- Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie – creamy delicious dessert!
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie – quick and easy recipe.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Wash strawberries, pat dry. Cut in half lengthwise and place in a bowl.
- Combine cornstarch, strawberry jello, sugar and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Let cool until just about room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the jello mixture over the berries and toss well to combine. Quickly place into the prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.