Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie is a delicious no bake pie, that is luxuriously creamy and filled with banana flavor combined with salted caramel.
Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie is a tasty take on the classic Banana Pie. What can be better than caramel and bananas? Well, only SALTED caramel and bananas! The sea salt balances the sweetness and improves the flavor of the caramel. This Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie is a concoction made of layers of deliciousness. It all starts with a no-bake graham cracker crust, followed by fresh ripe bananas, topped with salted caramel, banana pudding and a hefty amount of cool-whip! This creamy dessert melts in your mouth, and the banana flavor is front and center. The salted caramel takes this simple, classic dessert to a whole new level, and once you try, you will definitely go for seconds.
Tips on how to make the perfect Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie:
- You can make your own no-bake graham cracker crust, but to save time, you can also use the store bought graham cracker pie crusts.
- If you want to make this pie even more amazing, you can make a no bake Oreo crust. Follow the same measurements as you would for the graham cracker crust, and trust me, this combo is the BOMB!
- You can melt the caramels on the stove or in the microwave. The microwave route, involves heating the caramels in 30 second increments and stirring well after each one, until fully melted, with no lumps.
- Adding sea salt to your caramel is totally optional, but I love the slight saltiness combined with the sweet caramel.
- If you don’t have cool-whip, you can make your own whipped cream. Just whisk on high 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until soft peaks form. Measure one cup, and fold it into the pudding and use the rest to top the pie.
- Add a crunchy banana granola topping for something a little different.
- The pie should be consumed in 1-2 days, since the caramel will get watery from the pudding, if kept longer.
Each bite of this Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie is filled with caramel coated bananas, flavorful banana pudding and sweet whipped topping! Absolutely heavenly creamy! This pie is so easy to make that you have no excuses, you have to try it!
Salted Caramel Banana Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 bananas slices
- 1 11 ounce package caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3.5 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 ounces instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- Fresh bananas sliced
- Caramel sauce
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Using a fork mix it all together until fully combined.
- Add the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of a 9 inch pie crust pan and press down on the bottom and the edges. This is easily done using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Add the sliced bananas over the crust, distribute evenly in one layer only.
- Caramel Sauce:
- Add the caramels and heavy cream to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring constantly. If the mixture is too hard, add one more tablespoon of heavy cream. Stir in sea salt.
- Pie Filling:
- Pour caramel mixture over the banana slices, reserving a few tablespoons for later.
- Add both pudding mixes to a large bowl, add the milk and using a whisk, stir to combine until the mixture is not watery, but creamy and dense.
- Stir in 1 cup of cool-whip into the pudding mixture until fully combined. Add the mixture to the pie.
- Top with the remaining cool whip and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- If you do not intend to serve the pie the same day, top with the cool-whip right before serving.
- Garnish with extra caramel sauce, banana slices and graham crumbs before serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love