Take on the summer heat with this cold refreshing Freckled Lemonade.
Sometimes the heat of summer makes for what seems to be an unquenchable thirst. And the best way to satisfy it is with a cold glass of lemonade. But let’s take it a step further and put a little twist into that lemonade and add some ice, sliced strawberries in syrup, and then top it with a lemon wedge. Perfectly satisfying!
Copycat Red Robin’s Freckled Lemonade
PIN IT to your DRINKS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is Freckled Lemonade
- Freckled Lemonade is a specialty drink sold at the well-known Red Robin restaurant. But why order out, especially if the hot day calls for lounging by the pool or in the backyard? Make a copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade version at home and keep relaxing. No need to battle the traffic or lineups.
- The only freckles in this recipe are the flakes of cold strawberries in syrup, which add a twist of flavor and color to this drink.
- A simple and cheap can of Minute Made Lemonade is the main ingredient or try making a homemade version with this homemade lemonade recipe!
Ingredients & Variations
STRAWBERRIES Buy canned strawberries in syrup or frozen will do. Just make sure that the frozen ones are defrosted before adding to this recipe.
LEMONADE Buy a can of frozen Minute Maid lemonade – either pink or yellow will do.
VARIATIONS Try making this a cocktail drink by adding a little vodka. Or swap out the strawberries for raspberries, blackberries, or a mix of all your favorite berries.
How to Make Freckled Lemonade
Serve up this sweet drink for when the summer heat hits.
- Add ice to a glass.
- Add strawberries (per recipe below).
- Pour lemonade into the glass.
Garnish with lemon before serving and then sit back and enjoy sipping on this sweet summer drink!
Tips for Ice Cold Lemonade
- Can’t find strawberries in syrup. Remove frozen strawberries from the freezer, place them in a bowl, and sprinkle with sugar. Allow them to sit overnight. They will melt and the juice will become as sweet as syrup.
- Serve these in tall fun glasses, tuck in a straw, line the rim with sugar, add a slice of lemon, and a strawberry. Serve and enjoy!
More Fun Summer Drinks
- The Juicy Pineapple Drink – juicy and sweet
- Sidecar Cocktail Recipe – add some citrus to the day!
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail – elegant
- Cosmo Cocktail – a classy and delicious cocktail!
- Passion Fruit Lemonade – easy copycat recipe!
CopyCat Red Robin’s Freckled Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 2 tablespoons strawberries in syrup sliced, (if using frozen make sure they are defrosted)
- 1 ½ cup Minute Maid lemonade
- lemon wedge & whole strawberries optional garnish
- In a tall glass, fill ⅔ with ice.
- Spoon strawberries and syrup over the ice.
- Pour lemonade over strawberries.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and strawberry and serve.