This recipe for Easy Lemon Meringue Pie is the best because all you need to do is make the meringue!
The crust and filling are all ready to go! Everyone loves the flavors of a bright and tangy lemon meringue pie and now, everyone will think you’re a pro baker. Your secret is safe with us!
Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Lemon Meringue Pie
- Make this fast and easy, last-minute pie when company’s coming or when a fun invite shows up in your inbox suddenly and a dessert is needed ASAP!
- If there is time, make it from scratch with this homemade pie crust and pie filling!
- Or try this Creamy Lemon Pie for a lemon inspired pie that is also delicious and easy to make.
CRUST: Premade pie crusts are foolproof! Use a basic, white flour-based pie crust or a graham cracker crust. There also are chocolate cookie based premade crusts, too! Experiment with the crusts and fillings! Cherry pie on an Oreo crust? Coconut cream on a graham cracker crust? Yes, please!
PIE FILLING: Lemon pie filling is beyond easy to use! We also like cherry, apple, pumpkin, and even peach! But there are other ways to fill a pie! Jello-Brand chocolate pudding pie, pistachio, vanilla, or a cheesecake filling all make a new pie every time!
MERINGUE: The ingredients and technique for meringue are science-specific for best results, but the vanilla extract can be switched out for other flavors like almond, banana, orange, or rum for a mildly different flavor.
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie
It’s never been easier to make a creamy and lemony pie!
- Spread lemon pie filling on the bottom of a prepared pie crust.
- To make meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar until stiff, glossy, peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over the pie filling and bake until peaks are light golden-brown (do not overbake).
- Cool pie completely, then refrigerate.
Tips for the Best Pie
- Use superfine instead of granulated sugar because it will dissolve faster into the meringue.
- Cut the pie when it is completely cooled or else the filling will spill out of the cut pieces.
- Refrigerate the pie overnight for best texture and flavor!
How To Store Lemon Meringue Pie
Keep lemon meringue pie covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 3 days. It’s not recommended to freeze this variety of pie. But that’s okay, it will be devoured too quickly for freezing to be an issue!
Other Easy Delish Pies!
- Fresh Strawberry Pie – easy 20 minute prep.
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie – delicious – even without the crust!
- Berry Fluff Pie – so light and different.
- German Chocolate Pie – decadent.
Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 pre-made pie crust or homemade
- 1 21 oz can lemon creme filling
- 4 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake pie crust according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Pour the prepared pie filling into the pie crust and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium-high until soft peaks form (ends of peaks will curl when the beaters are lifted out)
- Continue mixing on medium-high adding in sugar a little bit at a time until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Spread meringue over the filling making sure it touches the edges of the crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tops of meringue are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1-2 hours, then refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
REPIN this Easy Lemon Meringue Pie recipe!
Recipe adapted from SpendWithPennies