Try these pizza dough cinnamon rolls for a quick and easy cinnamon roll recipe.
Turn that simple pizza dough into the best gooey sweet cinnamon rolls. Everyone will wake up on the bright side of the bed with the smell of these easy-to-make cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. But whether these are baked for breakfast, brunch, or dessert they are sure to be a hit.
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy 4 Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls
- There are only 4 ingredients in this super simple recipe. There is not much prep work either.
- The rolls are made with a quick and easy-to-use can of Pillsbury pizza dough. Just open, roll, and top!
- The filling is sweet and simple also, just some butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Make this for a breakfast or serve with an assorted fruit platter and strawberry fruit dip for the perfect weekend brunch.
Ingredients & Variations
DOUGH A can of Pillsbury pizza dough will make this recipe come together easily. Pillsbury crescent rolls dough can also be used as a replacement. Just open the can, roll it out and add the sweet filling ingredients. Another option is to use homemade pizza dough or some Bisquick pizza dough.
FILLING A little sugar, a little butter, and some cinnamon. So simple, right?
GLAZE Cinnamon buns always taste a little better with a white sweet glaze. Some milk and powdered sugar should do it.
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls with Pizza Dough
With only 4 ingredients and pre-made dough, these cinnamon rolls could not be any easier!
- Roll out the dough and top with butter, cinnamon & sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log. Pinch the ends.
- Slice. Place each cinnamon roll in a baking dish.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Remove from the oven and invert onto a plate. Serve plain or top with the simple glaze below.
How to Make a Cinnamon Roll Glaze
The glaze is like the icing on the cake for these rolls!
- Mix sugar and milk in a bowl (as per the recipe below).
- Stir thoroughly with a fork. No lumps of sugar should remain.
- Add a dash of vanilla.
Apply a generous amount on top of your cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Tips for Storing
Keep cinnamon rolls in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or on the counter. They will last for about a week in the refrigerator, but only 2-3 days on the counter before becoming dry.
Cinnamon rolls can be frozen and they thaw and reheat beautifully! Freeze cooled cinnamon rolls on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a zippered bag with the date on it. They should keep about a month in the freezer.
To reheat slice them in half, and toast them in a toaster oven. Or Alternatively, wrap in foil and heat for 5-10 minutes in a 350˚F oven.
Other Delicious Breakfast Ideas
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake – make ahead!
- Cheesy Breakfast Ring – take and eat breakfast
- Cinnamon Apple Bread – so easy to make
- Overnight Breakfast Blueberry Cake – delicious!
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars – for busy mornings
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 pan.
- Open the cans of pizza dough and roll it into a rectangle (12"x14")
- Spread softened butter over the dough. Top with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut into 9 slices and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the pan and cool, cover with glaze if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.