Cinnamon Apple Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Apple Bread is packed with fall flavors, chewy apples and topped with a cinnamon glaze. Make it at home and your house will smell delicious!
I love easy and quick breads that can feed a larger crowd like this apple cinnamon loaf. My other favorite breads to enjoy during colder weather are Apple Banana Bread, Zucchini Bread, and Cake Mix Banana Bread.
Cinnamon Apple Bread
Pin it your BREADS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
With fall season on the horizon, there are plenty of apples in the stores, so it’s the perfect time to make this delicious and amazing cinnamon apple loaf. There are plenty of apple based desserts, but none of them will taste quite like this one. Plus, making it at home is so much fun and way healthier than the store version!
I swirled the bread with crunchy apples and topped with a cinnamon sugar glaze. Also, the bread has a nice crumb to it, and is not overly sweet. It is just perfect to enjoy for breakfast with a cup of tea, or coffee.
The bread is moist because I used chopped apple, which makes for the perfect texture! This combination makes the dessert super moist, soft, and chewy. This is one of my favorite fall recipes to make, especially when apples are in season!
You can use any type of apples you desire. I usually go with the once that won’t get mushy when cooked, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala.
How To Make Cinnamon Apple Bread:
- Start by washing and cleaning up your apples. Once washed, chop. Set aside.
- Combine the flour with the dry ingredients.
- Beat butter with sugar, egg, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and finally stir in the chopped apples.
- Next, spray a loaf pan, and add the batter to it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the bread fully cool before topping with the Cinnamon Glaze.
Can I Make This Bread With Other Fruits?
Yes. This dessert is very versatile and can be made with various other fruits. I love adding raisins, or dry plum to it. Also, you can make it with pears, or peaches.
How To Store Apple Cinnamon Bread?
It is best to wrap it in plastic, and store at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
How To Freeze It?
Prior to freezing, ensure the bread has cooled down. Then, using a foil, wrap it properly in, and store in a freezer bag. It is best to freeze for up to 6 months. Prior to serving allow it thaw overnight at room temperature.
- Feel free to use any types of apples you like. As stated above, I recommend going with firmer type, such as Gala or Fuji.
- Make sure not to over bake the cake, as it will become dry. Since not all the ovens are equal, it is best to check on it after the 40 minute mark.
Other Delicious Bread or Muffin Recipes To Try!
Cranberry Orange Muffins – so fresh, zesty and delicious!
Blueberry Muffins – always a favorite.
Nutella Pumpkin Muffins – a delicious combination.
Blueberry Coffee Cake – perfect with a cup of tea.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – yummy lemon flavor.
Homemade Cinnamon Apple Bread is packed with apples, then topped with a sweet cinnamon glaze. Make it at home and your house will smell delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup chopped apples
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or more
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine: flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and combined.
- Beat in egg, sour cream, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the flour mixture gradually into the butter mixture, beat just until combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples with a spatula, transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove bread from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to the cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
- Add milk and stir until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth. The mixture should have a drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread, let it settle before slicing and serving.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)