Tortillas stuffed with flavorful beef and beans, smothered in red sauce, and topped with warm melted cheese – now that’s a delicious dinner!
Whether it’s a busy day or you’re just not in the mood to be in the kitchen forever, these easy Beef Enchiladas are for you.
Easy Beef Enchiladas
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
I love cooking with ground beef because it’s full of protein and iron, plus my kids love it. As a result, I always keep a couple pounds of beef in my freezer so I can make meals like Tater Tot Hotdish, Southwest Cornbread Sloppy Joes, and these easy Beef Enchiladas.
How to Make Beef Enchiladas
It’s easy to make ground beef enchiladas (and everyone loves them)! I season the beef for enchiladas with chili powder and cumin for great flavor!
- Brown ground beef with the onions (a potato masher is easier and better than a wooden spoon).
- Once browned, add in garlic and remove from the heat.
- Mix in a little of the enchilada sauce, black beans, green chilies, and seasonings.
- Fill the tortillas and then place in a 9×13 inch pan
- Smother those babies with more enchilada sauce and then top it with loads of cheese and bake,
These Beef Enchiladas take just 20 minutes to bake in the oven and then you can top them with anything you like. I like to keep things simple but you can finish these easy beef enchiladas off with tomatoes, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, avocados, sour cream, lettuce…there really are so many choices!
What kind of cheese should you use in enchiladas?
You can really use any kind of cheese you prefer or have on hand. I like using Monterey Jack or Colby Monterey Jack cheese on enchiladas but cheddar works too. I do highly recommend using freshly shredded cheese because it melts much better than pre-shredded cheese.
Beef Enchiladas are the answer to tonight’s dinner! You can’t beat a 30 minute meal that’s as yummy as enchiladas. Enjoy!
More Tex-Mex Recipes You’ll Love
- Taco Shepherd’s Pie – Easy!
- Taco Salad Bowls with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Mexican Corn Salad – Favorite side!
- CrockPot Mexican Dip – Perfect party food!
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas – ready in under an hour!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ sweet onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves crushed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces red enchilada sauce mild or medium
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups Colby Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
- cilantro chopped
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onions, breaking up beef using a potato masher or spoon. Cook until meat is browned and onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Mix in 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, black beans, green chilies, and seasonings.
- Pour 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- Spoon meat mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seem side down in the prepared pan. Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce over the top of tortillas and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
More Recipes You’ll Love