I am so excited to partner with Bob Evans to create this reimagined family favorite recipe!
Taco Shepherd’s Pie
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
This fun twist on a classic Shepherds Pie will definitely leave everyone wondering where you came up with such a great idea.
To keep things extra quick and simple, I use Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. These buttery mashed potatoes take so much of the work out of boiling, cutting, peeling, mashing, cooling, and baking again. It cuts the time spent making any potato casserole in half!
In a classic shepherd’s pie recipe you would cook lamb or beef with corn and peppers, then top the mixture with mashed potatoes and bake the casserole until it is golden. Here, we add the festive flavors of taco seasoning and the goodness of cheese (if you add a little extra, I won’t tell anyone!)
My daughter’s favorite food is tacos… so she raves about this easy dish! It’s one of those meals that she requests again and again! Taco shepherd’s pie is a next level thing for her, and surprisingly easy to make!
How To Make Shepherd’s Pie
Taco shepherd’s pie isn’t too different from a classic one, so these instructions are definitely helpful.
- Start by browning your ground beef and onion, then drain any excess fat from your pan.
- Then, add your taco seasoning mix, water (according to the package instructions), peppers, and corn. Cook until the peppers are tender crisp and the water has evaporated.
- Next, pour your taco beef mixture into a greased casserole dish. Top it with Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Bake your taco shepherd’s pie until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Taco Shepherds Pie
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup bell peppers red or green, diced
- 1 package Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain any fat.
- Add taco seasoning, water (according to package directions), corn and peppers and cook until peppers are tender crisp.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes and cheese. Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.