Need a simple meal idea everyone will love? Look no further than this super easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe!
These healthy crockpot shredded chicken tacos come together with just 3 ingredients; chicken, salsa, and a dash of southwestern seasonings. Crockpot recipes are “set it and forget it” and this tasty recipe is no exception.
CrockPot Chicken Tacos Recipe
Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
Crockpots are excellent for easy make ahead meals because they produce tender and flavorful results every time! Meat can go from frozen to freshly cooked while the chef is busy doing other things. When life gets crazy, put that CrockPot to work!
Perfect for a Tex-Mex buffet, just set up a plateful of taco shells and small bowls with add-ins. Also, have some bottles of hot sauce and some with extra salsa so everyone can DIY their own taco creations!
How To Make Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
This recipe slow cooks the salsa and taco seasoning into the chicken giving it a mildly spicy flavor. But feel free to add some chili oil for an extra spicy kick!
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with salsa and seasonings. Cook on low about 6 hours
- Remove chicken, and with a fork in each hand, shred the chicken.
- Serve from the CrockPot with a selection of add-ins like black olives, diced tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded lettuce, slices of avocado, shredded cheese, jalapenos, green chilis, and sour cream. The ideas are endless!
Tips For Juicy Chicken Every Time
- Chicken doesn’t have to be pre-cooked before it goes in the slow cooker, in fact, it can even be cooked from frozen! Just cook it low and slow and it will come out juicy and tender!
- But, if you’re short on time, set the CrockPot on high and cook for half the time. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast. When it reaches 165°F the chicken is done.
- Let it rest about 5 minutes before shredding it.
Storing Crockpot Chicken
Keep chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator and it will last about a week. Cooked shredded chicken can be frozen in zippered bags up to a month.
What To Do With Leftovers
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo – 20 minute meal!
- Chicken Mac’n Cheese with Bacon – easy casserole.
- CrockPot Chicken Tortellini – family favorite.
- Chicken Pot Pie – classic recipe!
- Creamy Chicken – only 2 ingredients!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour salsa over chicken and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cover with the lid and cook about 6 hours on low.
- Shred chicken and return it to the crockpot
- Use shredded chicken to fill up your tortilla or taco shell and top with your favorite toppings.