Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese with Bacon recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Mac and Cheese with bacon is an easy casserole that’s filled with the comforting flavors of home. This scrumptious, creamy, and protein-rich dish is sure to satisfy the kids – and the adults will want seconds too!
Succulent rotisserie chicken tastes amazing in this dish, and any leftovers are perfect used to make chicken tortellini soup. Or, make extra baked parmesan chicken and use the leftovers for chicken mac and cheese! It’s also a great way to use up leftover turkey. Nobody will be saying “What? Turkey again?” if you use it in this recipe!
Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese with Bacon
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How to Make Creamy Mac and Cheese
The simplicity of this recipe is one of the best things about it. That, and how delicious it tastes with so little effort!
- Cook the macaroni.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients with chicken and bacon.
- Drain macaroni and add to the sauce mixture. (Do this right in the casserole dish you’ll be using)
- Add the toppings according to the recipe below. Bake until piping hot and cheesy!
- Mac and cheese tastes incredible with stewed tomatoes!
- Or for some extra kick heat up some rotel tomatoes and have them on the side!
- Jalapenos are always a hit with the spice-loving crowd!
- Mix in some french-fried onions, or have them as an extra topping. Yummy!
- Broccoli florets would taste terrific mixed in!
What Goes With Mac And Cheese?
A green salad is always a welcome side dish with comfort food. Especially with this delicious dressing!
- Green beans make a nice compliment!
- Or how about some roasted asparagus?
- Burgers on the side, along with some Greek salad would be a great addition!
For reheating: Happiness is leftovers when it comes to this recipe! The flavors have time to blend and it tastes awesome the next day! Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and use an airtight container, tightly sealed. Reheat either in the microwave or in the oven with a little milk or cream mixed in to keep it from drying out too much!
For freezing: Store in a freezer bag or a sealed freezer-safe container for 3 to 4 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, before reheating.
Macaroni and cheese just got a makeover, folks! Enjoy.
Other Delicious Chicken And Pasta Recipes!
Ranch Macaroni Salad with Bacon and Chicken – easy to make!
BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – a delicious twist on macaroni salad.
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – super cheesy!
CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup – a classic recipe, but in a CrockPot!
Chicken Tortellini – easy weeknight meal.
This Chicken Mac 'n Cheese with bacon is the most perfect comfort food!! It's easy to make and is a huge hit with the entire family.
- 12 ounces macaroni noodles cooked and drained
- 14.5 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon divided
Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
Combine Alfredo sauce, mushroom soup, milk, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, chicken, and 1/4 cup of bacon in a casserole dish.
Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)