Chicken Mac and Cheese with bacon is an easy casserole that’s filled with comforting flavors.
This is a hearty and flavorful homemade casserole that the family will love it! Pasta is topped with a scrumptious, creamy sauce that was mixed with chicken and bacon for protein-rich dish is sure to satisfy the kids – and the adults will want seconds too!
Chicken Mac and Cheese with Bacon
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Macaroni and cheese just got a makeover! And happily, it includes delicious crispy bacon while still keeping a smooth, creamy, and easy white sauce.
- This dish is also loaded with juicy chicken.
- This chicken bacon mac and cheese is the best with a green salad, especially with this delicious dressing. Green beans make a nice compliment, as do roasted asparagus.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Buy a rotisserie chicken and use the meat from the chicken for this mac and cheese. Another option is to make some easy shredded chicken or to cook some air fryer chicken breasts and add the chopped chicken to the mixture.
SAUCE: A jar of alfredo will make this mac and cheese recipe so smooth and creamy. A jar of condensed mushroom soup and some milk will make it extra creamy. A little bit of cheddar cheese will give it that extra gooey goodness that makes mac and cheese so irresistible.
VARIATIONS: The joy of mac and cheese is that there are so many slight variations that can be made to the dish. It tastes incredible stuffed with stewed or Rotel tomatoes, add some jalapenos for the spice-loving crowd, mix in some fried onions or have them as an extra topping.
For a splash of healthy green add some broccoli florets. Add a little garlic, and pepper to taste.
How to Make Chicken Mac and Cheese
The simplicity of this recipe is one of the best things about it. That, and how delicious it tastes with so little effort!
- Cook the macaroni.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients with chicken and bacon.
- Drain macaroni and add to the sauce mixture.
- Add the toppings (per recipe below) and bake!
Tips for Storing
This recipe makes for the best leftovers! The flavors have time to blend and it tastes great the next day. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container, tightly sealed.
To Reheat: Reheat either in the microwave or in the oven with a little milk or cream mixed in to keep it from drying out too much.
To Freee: Store in a freezer bag or a sealed freezer-safe container for 3 to 4 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, before reheating.
Other Delicious Chicken And Pasta Recipes!
- Ranch Macaroni Salad with Bacon and Chicken – Easy to make!
- BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – A delicious twist on macaroni salad
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – Super cheesy!
- CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup – A classic recipe, but in a CrockPot!
- Chicken Tortellini – Easy weeknight meal
Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese with Bacon Recipe
- 12 ounces macaroni noodles cooked and drained
- 14.5 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 1 can mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- ½ cup bacon cooked, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- Combine Alfredo sauce, mushroom soup, milk, 1 ½ cups of cheese, chicken, and ¼ cup of bacon in a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Chicken Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe!