Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs are tasty meat morsels that ooze with cheese and flavor!
These little meatballs taste so much like a cheeseburger, but without the thick bun. Not only are these so tasty, but they are also so quick and easy to make. So if you are wondering what to do with that ground beef in the refrigerator, this recipe just might be the one for dinner tonight!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Favorite Cheesy Sliders
- These cheese-stuffed meatballs are such a fun twist on a popular food – cheeseburgers! These are a fun and exciting change to everyday mealtime.
- These cheeseburger meatballs are also so versatile. They can be added to skewers and served as an appetizer for the next party. Serve them with a tomato dipping sauce or a sweet chili sauce.
- They are great to bring to potlucks or buffet-style meals as they are easy to prepare and transport.
- Add a thick bun or dinner roll and they can also be made into sliders, or turn them into meatballs with a pasta sauce and serve over some spaghetti, or add to a wrap. The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT Basic ground beef is the meat of choice for this recipe. Ground chuck would also work. It also calls for bacon. Well…because everyone loves bacon. Remember to cook the bacon before combining it with the rest of the mixture.
ONIONS Fried onions are a great addition to this recipe. No fried onions? No problem, simply use the onion soup mix as a replacement or replace it with 1 teaspoon of onion powder. Both are great substitutions that work well.
CHEESE This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, however, you can use any cheese you prefer! Mozzarella or a spicy jalapeno Monterey jack cheese would be equally delicious!
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
These are the best homemade meatballs!
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cheese.
- Shape into small balls and stuff each one with cheese.
- Bake in the oven (as per the recipe below).
Tips For Cheeseburger Meatballs
While stuffing the meatballs, make sure that the meat is wrapped around the cheese, and that none of it is showing. This will keep the cheese from running out of the meatballs.
Also, chop the cheese into small pieces that will fit inside the meatballs. If they are too large, then the meatballs will either be too big, or there won’t be enough meat to wrap around the cheese.
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs – juicy and cheesy!
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – a quick crockpot meal
- CrockPot Cocktail Meatballs – for the guests!
- Simple Meatball Recipe – hearty and simple
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ pound bacon cooked & crumbled, or bacon bits
- ¼ cup crushed french fried onions
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl except for the cheese cubes.
- Mix until fully combined and divide the meat mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Flatten each portion and place a cube of cheese in the middle of it. Fold the edges over the cheese and roll it into a ball.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until they reach 165°F.
REPIN this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs Recipe!