Make these Easy BBQ Meatballs in mere minutes with this simple 3-ingredient recipe!
Using frozen meatballs, barbecue sauce and apricot jam, these easy meatballs are sweet, tangy and so delicious. They taste like they’ve been slow cooked in a gourmet-level sauce that took hours to make. No one will know the secret, and no one will be able to resist these tasty bite sized morsels!
Easy BBQ Meatball Recipe!
- This is the best bbq meatball recipe because it’s has just 3 ingredients, 2 steps, and 1 pan! What’s not to love?
- Bbq meatballs make a quick and delicious appetizer in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for last-minute parties and hungry guests!
- Cook these tasty morsels on the stovetop, then keep warm in a Crockpot so guests can help themselves.
- Thread meatballs on skewers for a portable snack. Or set out a tray of toasted buns and shredded mozzarella cheese to make mini meatball sliders!
3 Ingredient Recipe
BBQ meatballs are super easy to make, with just three items to shop for and cook!
MEATBALLS: Frozen meatballs can be added directly to the saucepan! All-beef or a beef and pork blend will do. Even chicken, turkey, and plant-based meatballs can be used in this recipe!
SAUCE: With so many varieties of bbq sauce, you can make more than one flavor for an appetizer platter! A sweet and sour, honey bbq, mesquite smoked, even a tangy buffalo sauce are all great flavors! Or create your own homemade blend! Make different bbq meatballs and thread them on wooden skewers for a portable appetizer!
VARIATIONS: Instead of apricot jam, try grape jelly, orange marmalade. Or pour in a bit of Dr. Pepper, root beer, or cola for a sweet flavor to pair with the bbq sauce.
How to make BBQ Meatballs
Just a couple of steps is all it takes to make these juicy and delicious meatballs.
- Simmer jam and bbq sauce in a saucepan and add meatballs (as per recipe below).
- Cook until heated through and serve.
PRO TIP: Keep cooked meatballs warm in the oven and place them under the broiler just before serving.
Optional garnishes include bacon bits, chopped parsley, sliced green onions, or sesame seeds.
- Make an appetizer platter including bbq meatballs, fun loaded mashed potato balls, some pizza dippers, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts and a slice of cold veggie pizza.
- For a weeknight dinner serve over top garlic mashed potatoes or with this tasty rice-a-roni.
- These sweet and tasty meatballs would be awesome in a meatball sub, or added to a savory stir fry.
Recipe Tips & Tricks!
Here are some ideas for no-fail meatballs every time.
- Keep leftover easy bbq meatballs and sauce together in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat meatballs on the stovetop over low heat, or just eat them cold. Either way they are delish!
- Freeze fully cooled meatballs in a zippered bag up to 4 weeks and reheat from frozen in a sauce pan with a little water to loosen the sauce.
Other Easy Meatball Recipes!
- Crock Pot Jelly Meatballs – set-it-and-forget-it recipe.
- Simple Meatball Recipe – made from scratch.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs – a tasty treat.
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – for a hearty appetite.
Easy BBQ Meatballs
- 1 pound meatballs frozen
- ⅔ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together jam and BBQ sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and turn to low, cooking meatballs until heated through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days. Or freeze fully cooled meatballs in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
- Reheat meatballs from frozen, or thawed, on the stovetop over low heat, or covered with foil in the oven. In either case, add a little water to help loosen the sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.