This Cocoa Chiffon Cake is so light and fluffy!! It’s almost like chocolate angel food cake!! You will need to have a few ladies over to help you eat this, otherwise you may eat the whole thing and I cannot be held responsible for that 😉
Cocoa Chiffon Cake recipePin Recipe Print Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix the boiling water and cocoa and put aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cocoa mixture; beat for about 3 minutes at medium speed with mixer.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at high until stiff.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter carefully and thoroughly.
- Cut through the batter with a knife to break any large air bubbles.
- Pour into ungreased angel food pan and bake 55 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 350 and bake another 10 minutes.
- Invert to cool before removing from pan.
- Cream the butter; blend in cocoa, vanilla, sugar alternately with the cream.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Cover the cake, not your fingers, and you are almost done.
- Melt 2-1 oz. squares of unsweetened chocolate with 2 tbsps. butter.
- Drizzle this over the top of the cake in your own manner.