Cocoa Chiffon Cake recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cocoa Chiffon Cake is so light and fluffy!! It’s almost like chocolate angel food cake!! You will need to have a few ladies over to help you eat this, otherwise you may eat the whole thing and I cannot be held responsible for that 😉
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 3/4 Cup boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 3/4 Sifted Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 8 Eggs separated
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ Cup Butter softened
- 2 2/3 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup half and half can use milk or whip cream
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix the boiling water and cocoa and put aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cocoa mixture; beat for about 3 minutes at medium speed with mixer.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at high until stiff.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter carefully and thoroughly.
- Cut through the batter with a knife to break any large air bubbles.
- Pour into ungreased angel food pan and bake 55 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 350 and bake another 10 minutes.
- Invert to cool before removing from pan.
- Cream the butter; blend in cocoa, vanilla, sugar alternately with the cream.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Cover the cake, not your fingers, and you are almost done.
- Melt 2-1 oz. squares of unsweetened chocolate with 2 tbsps. butter.
- Drizzle this over the top of the cake in your own manner.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)