Bring in the bright flavors of lemon with fresh berries with this super easy Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake recipe!
This blueberry dump cake recipe is one of those mix it, fill it, and bake it recipes that are perfect for last-minute guests. It’s fancy enough to serve at a Sunday brunch, or whenever a sweet treat is called for, too!
Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake
PIN IT to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Is A Dump Cake?
We love dump cakes because all you do is dump in the ingredients in layers. It’s just berries, batter, cake mix, and butter. Bake, cool, and serve! Dump cakes are so versatile and easy on the budget! They require zero baking skills and are a fun way to introduce young bakers to the kitchen! Don’t forget to serve dump cake with a fun peppermint mocha latte, or a pitcher of vodka sweet tea if company’s coming!
Ingredients and Variations
We love that this recipe only takes 8 ingredients, but what we love more is how versatile the ingredients can be.
BERRIES – Blueberries and lemon are the perfect combination. No fresh berries? Use frozen! Or, switch the berries out for any of a variety of pie fillings. Pie fillings work really well in dump cake, turning it into a cobbler type dessert.
CAKE MIX – Use lemon cake mix which this recipe calls for, or go for a different flavor to match the add-ins you have on hand! Cherry chocolate? Frozen pineapple? How about strawberry red velvet? Or apple cinnamon streusel?
LEMON – The zest and juice of a lemon combine to add tang and lemony goodness!
EGGS – 3 eggs make for a rich dessert that’s super moist and fluffy.
How To Make A Dump Cake
- Pour berries or pie filling into prepared pan.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, lemon zest, one tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and salt. Pour over berries.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the batter (do not stir). Pour melted butter over the top (again, do not stir).
- Bake uncovered per recipe card below. Cover with aluminum foil and bake another 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Uncover and let cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid the temptation to stir the dump cake. Part of its appeal is that the texture is aerated so it bakes up fluffy and a little bit rustic looking.
- Lemon blueberry dump cake cooks up beautifully in a Dutch oven!
How To Store A Dump Cake
Cover baked and cooled dump cake with plastic wrap, or transfer to an airtight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for a cold dessert, or reheat portions in the microwave. It tastes even better the next day!
Other Easy Dessert Recipes To Try!
- Cake Mix Banana Bread – only 3 ingredients!
- Mixed Berry Dump Cake – so tasty.
- 3 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler – easy recipe.
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars – ready in under 30 min.
- Peach Dump Cake – fresh and delicious.
Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Pour blueberries into prepared pan.
- In a bowl mix evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and salt. Pour over blueberries.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over blueberry mixture. Do not stir.
- Pour melted butter over cake mix. Do not stir.
- Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Cover with foil and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly. To serve, scoop into bowls and top with ice cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.