Savory and cheesy, this Easy Turkey Pot Pie is the fastest recipe for turning leftover turkey into a sensational comfort meal.
I can’t think of a better way to warm up hungry tummies, and take the edge off a chilly winter day, than this hearty dish. One pot meals like creamy garlic pasta and crockpot beef and broccoli are perfect for busy families and this pot pie fits the bill perfectly (plus you will love to make it because it’s just that easy)!!
Easy Turkey Pot Pie
PIN IT your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I am so excited to partner with Bob Evans to create this reimagined family favorite recipe!
In this quick one-pot meal, Bob Evans creamy mashed potatoes are layered over cooked diced turkey and frozen mixed veggies, swimming in a tasty sauce. Shredded cheese is sprinkled on top before baking until bubbling and golden. It really is easy as (mashed potato pot) pie!
How To Make Turkey Pot Pie
Prepping takes minutes because there’s no peeling or chopping involved. And since it has a mashed potato crust, there’s no pastry to roll out either. No one else will know that you didn’t spend hours making this delicious pot pie! Here’s what you do:
- Mix all ingredients except the mashed potatoes and cheese, and place in a casserole dish or pie plate.
- Spread one package of Bob Evans mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake and enjoy.
Lots of options for variety here, but the key takeaway is “keep it simple.” I love using leftovers from Thanksgiving in my pot pies. That includes the leftover veggies and any gravy I have. You could also portion out and bake in ramekins for a fancier (yet easy) presentation.
What Side Dish Goes With Pot Pie
There are so many options that pair well with pot pie!
- A crisp garden salad or an apple walnut salad are great choices!
- Fresh, warm-from-the-oven bread, perfect for sopping up the sauce. Either buttermilk or cheesy biscuits will do the trick.
- Pull apart bread made from canned biscuit dough, generously drizzled with garlic butter would also be sensational and keep things simple.
- Cornbread slathered with butter is another tasty option.
Can You Freeze Potato Pot Pie?
Mashed potato pot pie is perfect for convenient, make-ahead freezer food. Assemble it in a casserole and instead of baking, cover tightly and store in the freezer. When you’re ready for turkey again, simply remove from the freezer and bake in the oven from frozen, adding an extra half hour.
Everyone will be happy to gobble it up!
Other Meals With Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes – a great way to use up leftovers!
- Sausage and Potatoes Skillet – delicious one pan meal
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes – so easy!
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – delicious side dish
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls – kid approved
Easy Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 cups frozen vegetables defrosted
- 2 cups leftover turkey chopped (or chicken)
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package Bob Evans Mashed potatoes
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a deep dish pie plate or a 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine vegetables, turkey, soup, milk, seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread into the baking dish and spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or lightly browned and filling is bubbly.