This Mixed Berry Dump Cake is a quick and easy way to make a crowd-pleasing recipe with only 3 ingredients!
Got a last-minute party or potluck? Ready for the big game? Everyone loves dump cake desserts and as the cook, you will love that it’s made in one dish. This makes it simple to serve and quick to clean up.
Mixed Berry Dump Cake
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best 3 Ingredient Dump Cake
- It is also called a “Are You Kidding Cake?” Berry dump cakes are so yummy, everyone will wonder how they can be so easy.
- This recipe is easy enough for new-ish bakers and the kids to prepare.
- Dump cakes really are the perfect desserts, they bake up fresh in less than an hour and are yummy served hot or cold.
Ingredients and Variations
CAKE: A dump cake with yellow cake mix means any kind of fruit will work. For a delicious twist, try a spice cake mix with apples or a chocolate cake mix with cherries or strawberries!
FRUIT: Dump cake made with frozen berries will bake up the same as fresh or canned berries would, simply add a little extra bake time.
Choose any berry blend you desire. Triple berries like blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries are the perfect blend of summer. Try strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, or create a specialty blend with favorites from the farmer’s market!
SODA: We love making dump cakes with soda for two reasons; it adds a little sweetness to the berries and the carbonation helps the cake rise up nice and fluffy. 7-Up, lemon-lime, or even cherry soda or cola can create a sweet new flavor.
How to Make a Dump Cake
This is a quick and delicious dump cake!
- Pour frozen berries into a prepared baking dish.
- Top with the cake mix, then pour the soda over the top.
- Bake until the fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown (per the recipe below).
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or caramel syrup! Or make a crunchy streusel topping with brown sugar, oats, and chopped walnuts or pecans.
Easy Dump Cake Tips!
- Save time by assembling the fruit filling and topping ahead of time. Then cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Add the soda right before baking.
- DO NOT MIX! It can be tempting, but for best results don’t mix the berries and cake mix together. Just layer and pour the soda right on top!
- Crumble up the cake mix before topping onto the fruit so lumps don’t form.
- Let the dump cake cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Easy Dump Cake Recipes
- Peach Dump Cake – quick 10-minute prep!
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake – delicious flavors
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe – just 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe – a classic combination
Mixed Berry Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix dry mix, not prepared
- 12 ounces frozen berries
- 12 ounces Sprite or 7-Up, or other lemon lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour frozen berries into the prepared dish and sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
- Pour the can of soda over top of the cake mix, making sure you get as much of the cake mix wet with soda as possible.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.