This mixed berry dump cake recipe is a home cook’s dream!
Just 3 ingredients including luscious berries, cake mix, and soda pop are all it takes to make a deliciously sweet and moist cake!
It’s perfect for when last-minute company arrives or when you just want to bake up a sweet and super-easy treat with low effort and cleanup!
Summer Berry Dump Cake!
- Three ingredients and three steps? Yes, Please!
- Easy cleanup! Berry dump cakes are mixed, baked, and served from one dish!
- Delish served hot or cold, it’s perfect to take to a picnic or potluck.
- The best beginner dessert recipe for novice bakers and kids learning kitchen skills!
Ingredients and Customizations
Cake Mix – Yellow cake mix is versatile and goes with any fruit. Other good choices are lemon, chocolate, and strawberry. The possibilities are endless!
Fruit – No need to thaw frozen fruit! Use any kind of berries, a berry blend, cherries, pineapple or even a can of peaches will do!
Soda – The carbonation from soda helps the cake rise and offers a sweet flavor. Sprite and 7-Up add a light sweetness to a dump cake. Colas, root beers, and even Dr. Pepper drinks will add a deeper flavor.
Variations – Sprinkle some extra textured ingredients like sliced almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted coconut, lemon or lime zest, or mini chocolate chips.
How do I Make a Mixed Berry Dump Cake?
This one-pan recipe couldn’t be any easier!
- Dump berries into a prepared baking dish.
- Top with cake mix, pour soda over the top.
- Bake as directed in the recipe below.
Beat the Clock Time-Saving Tips!
Flavor Savers: Save leftover mixed fruit in a freezer bag and make a ‘kitchen sink’ dump cake!
Quick Prep: No frozen berries? Use pie filling – apple, cherry, and blueberry are favorites!
Make Ahead: Enjoy fresh from the oven or chilled the next day!
Mixed Berry Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix dry mix, not prepared
- 12 ounces frozen berries
- 1 12 ounce can Sprite or 7-Up, or other lemon lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13" baking dish.
- Pour frozen berries into the prepared dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and soda, stirring gently until combined.
- 'Dump' the cake mix over the berries. Make sure the berries are covered.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbly.
- If you’d prefer, replace the soda with ¾ cup melted butter. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over top of the berries and then cover with melted butter. Do not stir. Bake as directed above.
- Frozen berries can be replaced with canned pie filling or fresh berries as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.