This recipe for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake is the perfect serving size to satisfy a snack attack!
Microwave mug cake recipes are all the rage! So quick and easy, even the kids can make their own delicious treat with only a few ingredients. And there are so many ways to mix it up with add-ins and toppings, they’ll be on the menu all year long!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
- From start to finish, this is a 5-minute dessert! Mug cakes are one of the best and fastest ways to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Individual servings mean fewer calories, so it’s okay to enjoy a guilt-free dessert!
- No dough to mix or shape, this eggless recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
Mug Cake Ingredients
CAKE: 4 chocolate chip cookies per mug cake, a bit of sugar, baking powder, and a few chocolate chips are all that’s needed. Everything else is extra!
EXTRAS: Mix in some chopped walnuts, mini M&M’s, white chocolate chips, even dried cherries, or chopped, dried mangoes. Don’t forget a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate or caramel syrup, or a scoop of ice cream for a decadent dressed-up dessert.
How To Make A Cookie Mug Cake
This microwave mug cake recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Crush cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor.
- Mix all of the ingredients (per recipe below) in a mug. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave a minute at a time until the cake is ‘baked’ and fluffy.
Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Choose the dry variety of chocolate chip cookies instead of the chewy kind so the cake rises properly.
- Whole milk (or heavy whipping cream) will give the cake a full-bodied flavor.
- Oat milk can be used for a non-dairy dessert because it’s the creamiest of milk alternatives.
- For a sugar-free mug cake, replace the granulated sugar with an equal amount of erythritol (Swerve). For a keto mug cake, use almond flour, an egg, and butter along with cocoa powder and sugar-free chocolate chips!
- Made without brown sugar, butter, or egg, mug cakes are trending everywhere. Serve with this yummy sparkling berry lemonade , or a delicious peppermint latte.
Time Saving Tips
Grind the cookies in advance add all the dry ingredients together in small zippered bags so a mug cake can be at the ready any time! Perfect for last-minute movie nights, sleepovers, and parties! Just mix with milk, cook, and enjoy!
Other Easy Dessert Ideas!
- Microwave Rice Krispie Treats – a classic treat.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – a tasty No Bake treat!
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake – dessert made super simple.
- Mini Cheesecake Bites – delicious bite sized dessert.
- Oreo Mug Cake – another quick mug cake recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- whipped cream optional
- ice cream optional
- cookie crumbs optional
- Crush cookies using a food processor until fine.
- Combine crushed cookies, whole milk, sugar and baking powder in an 8 oz mug. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute, and add an additional 10 seconds if needed.
- Cool for 2 minutes before serving. Add your choice of toppings!