Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars are a decadent dessert made of a thick and creamy cheesecake layer topped with the most delicious homemade pecan pie filling.
Making cheesecake may seem intimidating, but it is actually one of the easiest desserts you can make. Two favorites are the Brownie Bottom Raspberry Cheesecake and the perfect for spring, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake is one the easiest and fool-proof recipes you can get. We love making this dessert into cheesecake bars because they are easier to serve and store.
Usually a cheesecake will form cracks in the top while it bakes. But by topping these pecan pie bars with the decadent homemade pecan pie filling, you will never need to worry about the cheesecake layer cracking.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars are the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The creamy cheesecake is complementary to the sweeter and crunchier pecan pie layer. This festive dessert is perfect for any holiday or celebration.
Can You Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake Ahead Of Time?
This Cheesecake Bar dessert is ideal to make ahead of time. You can prepare it and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days before you bake it. Also, you can simply bake it, chill it and store it covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How Long Does A Cheesecake Take To Set?
Once the cheesecake is baked, you have to cool it to room temperature before refrigerating it. Once cooled, cover the pan with foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight for best results.
How To Slice Perfect Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Run a sharp slicing knife under hot tap water. Having a good grip on it, make the first cut without lifting the knife until you are done.
- Wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water again before making another cut. Repeat as many times as needed.
- Use a spatula to remove the first bar, the rest will come out easier.
How To Properly Freeze Cheesecake
First, cool completely. Then transfer cheesecake bars to airtight, freezer-proof containers, or wrap tightly with aluminum foil and also with plastic freezer wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw the cheesecake, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Some Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe Tips
- Instead of making the homemade pecan pie filling from scratch, use store bought filling.
- For the cheesecake layer, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature for best results.
- If your pan’s sides are not very tall, try using only 2 packages of cream cheese.
- For an extra decadent dessert, make an Oreo crust for the cheesecake.
- This recipe works for a round cheesecake as well, but you will need a 10 1/2 inch springform pan.
More Cheesecake Recipes To Try!
Blueberry Cheesecake – so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars – easy and so fun!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 3 packages 8 oz each cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream room temperature
Pecan Pie Filling:
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and diced
- 2 cups pecans roasted and chopped
- Lightly coat a 9x13 inch deep pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Combine crust ingredients well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, flour, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla, cream and sour cream; beat until fully combined. Stop to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour the cheesecake batter mixture onto the crust. Level the top with a spatula.
- Transfer to the freezer for about one hour, until the cheesecake layer is hard enough to pour the pecan pie filling on top of it.
Pecan Pie Filling:
- Place a sauce-pan over low medium heat, add the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, dark corn syrup and cream, until smooth. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens, about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and cold diced butter until fully melted.
- Fold in pecans and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake layer has settled, remove from the freezer and top with the pecan pie filling.
- Level the top with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, the top should be bubbly and golden brown.
- Turn oven off and prop open oven door and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for one hour.
- Transfer cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely, after which refrigerate for at least six hours or better overnight.
- Slice into bars and serve.