Blueberry Cheesecake is a classic cheesecake that is rich, creamy and very flavorful. Made with fresh lemon zest and juice for a refreshing flavor.
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
My Favorite Cheesecake!
This Blueberry Cheesecake is a favorite of mine because it combines two things that I love most – blueberries and cheesecake. When you combine the two, you know for sure that you will end up with a great and delicious cake.
It is made of a simple graham cracker crust, then topped with a classic cheesecake layer flavored with lemon zest, lemon juice, and blueberries. The cake is finished off with blueberry sauce and some fluffy whipped cream.
Even though a cheesecake might sound complicated and hard to make, don’t get intimidated by it. This recipe is foolproof if you follow the easy steps. It is pretty simple to assemble and you will end up with a nice and neat looking cake. Go ahead and try it, you will love it!
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake
This easy cheesecake comes together in three parts!
- CRUST: Combine all ingredients and press into pan.
- FILLING: Mix all ingredients and pour on top of crust. Bake per recipe below.
- TOPPING: Bring blueberry sauce to a boil and cool before adding to cheesecake.
Let chill for 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Common Questions & Tips
Do You Put Flour in Cheesecake?
For the classic traditional cheesecake, I like to use only a very small amount of flour. Some recipes might contain a larger amount of starch, such as flour or cornstarch.
If using too much in the mixture, it will have a more cake-like texture. Therefore, I do not use an excessive amount of flour in this recipe which results in a luxuriously smooth and dense cake.
Can You Make Cheesecake Ahead of Time?
Not only can you, but you definitely should! At least 6 hours ahead of time, anyways!
This is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it stores so well. While you are busy taking care of last-minute preparations, you can rest easy knowing your dessert is ready and waiting!
Cheesecakes can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
How Do I Know When My Cheesecake is Ready?
To check if the cake is done, gently shake it. If the cheesecake looks nearly set and has a small circle in the center that jiggles slightly, then it means it is done.
You do not want to overbake it since it will still cook for a bit even after removing from the oven.
How Long Do You Have to Chill a Cheesecake?
Once the cheesecake is baked, allow it to cool at room temperature for at least an hour.
Because the cheesecake is made of cream cheese, it has to be refrigerated prior to eating it.
Once cooled, cover the pan with foil and it will need to chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
How to Freeze
Before freezing it, make sure it has fully cooled and also that it has been refrigerated for at least 6 hours. Transfer to a proper freezer-proof container, wrap it tightly with aluminum foil and also with plastic freezer wrap.
You can freeze it as a whole or as individual slices. Once wrapped, put in the freezer and store it for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes to Try
Blueberry Coffee Cake – Delicious!
Overnight Breakfast Blueberry Cake – great for busy mornings!
Blueberry Muffins – ready in under 30 mins
Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake – so easy!
Slow Cooker Blueberry Cobbler – just 3 ingredients
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen - if using frozen do not thaw
Whipped Cream (optional):
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet whipped cream stabilizer
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the mixture to a 9-inch springform pan and using a measuring cup, press it into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, salt, and flour. Beat until creamy and combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, beat until combined.
- Add vanilla extract, cream, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat until combined, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Stir in the fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes and slightly more if using frozen blueberries. The cheesecake should be slightly jiggly in the center, but puffy and settled on the sides.
- Turn off the oven and crack open the door. Cool cheesecake completely in the open oven.
- Run a butter knife around the edges to release it from the pan. After that, chill in the fridge for 6 hours or better overnight.
- Add blueberries and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook for 15 minutes. Mix cornstarch with water and add to the saucepan. Stir until mixture thickens.
- In the sauce, it too thick, add a bit more water. If the sauce is too thin, add more cornstarch slurry.
- Let sauce cool a bit and add it to the cheesecake center, spread with a spatula and refrigerate.
Whipped Cream (optional):
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a high speed mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Pipe on cheesecake.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Delicious Cheesecake Recipes
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Classic Cheesecake Recipe
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Best Oreo Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe