This Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe makes a quick and easy comfort food treat with only 3 ingredients!
Crescent roll apple turnovers are warm and delicious on the inside and crispy on the outside with a sweet glaze. Make them for breakfast, a surprise after-school snack, a movie night dessert, or a rainy day treat. No matter when these delicate morsels are served, everyone will love how tender, flaky and delicious they are!
Easy Apple Turnovers
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easiest Apple Turnover Recipe!
- Ready-made refrigerated crescent rolls are easy to find and even easier to use!
- This is a great starter recipe for young chefs in the kitchen and a great party or sleepover activity for kids.
- So many ideas for fillings, too! Why not try a variety of fillings and let everyone choose their favorite? Dip or dunk into this decadent caramel sauce, or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve them hot or make them in advance and serve post-game or at a party and watch them disappear.
- Dress up apple turnovers with slivered almonds, cinnamon sugar, or even colorful sprinkles for a party.
3 Ingredient Recipe
DOUGH: Crescent roll dough bakes up light and fluffy with layers for the filling to seep into! Any brand will do!
GLAZE: Every baked good tastes better with an easy homemade glaze! Hang on to this easy recipe for future use! Stir in a little vanilla or lemon extract, depending on the filling, for a flavor boost.
How to Make Crescent Roll Apple Turnovers
These tasty treats will melt in your mouth, and the kids will love to help make them with just a few easy steps:
- Unroll crescents on a greased cookie sheet.
- Add a spoonful of filling at the center of the wide end. Roll up.
- Bake until golden brown per the recipe below.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled apple turnovers (optional).
Best Ways to Store Turnovers
- Keep leftover apple turnovers in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store them with a slice of bread to absorb excess moisture.
- Reheat them in the oven or under the broiler.
- Freeze turnovers wrapped in plastic and placed in a zippered bag for up to 2 months.
- Thaw them in the refrigerator and reheat as directed.
Tips For Success!
Be sure to grease the baking sheet or use parchment paper for easier clean-up! Chop up the pieces of fruit in the pie filling if they are too chunky for turnovers.
More Apple Dessert Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites – Flaky and sweet.
- Crock Pot Apple Crisp – A simple dessert.
- Easy Apple Fritters – Soft and tender.
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling – So easy.
Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe
- 1 roll crescent rolls
- 20 ounces apple pie filling
- caramel sauce for dipping
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a greased cookie sheet, unroll crescents.
- Add a spoonful of apple pie filling at the wide end of the crescent roll triangle. Roll crescents up and repeat until each are filled.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled apple turnovers (optional).
- Nutrition calculated without caramel sauce or glaze.
- Grease baking sheet or use parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Chop fruit if it is too chunky.
- Store cooled apple turnovers at room temperature, in a covered container, for up to 3 days. Or place wrapped in plastic, and in a zippered bag for up to 2 months.
- PRO TIP: Add a slice of bread to container to any absorb excess moisture.
- Thaw turnovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven, in an air fryer or quickly under the broiler.
REPIN this Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe!