Any time is the perfect time to make a Crock Pot Apple Crisp!
This easy recipe showcases the bright flavor of apples topped with oatmeal, sugar, and a fragrant cinnamon topping. You can just set it and forget it! This Crock Pot Apple Crisp recipe makes a wonderful weeknight surprise or a fun dessert for movie night. Enjoy all the flavors of an autumn harvest with this easy-to-make treat.
Crock Pot Apple Crisp
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Crock Pot Apple Crisp!
- Slow cooker apple crisp is the perfect recipe for new bakers or anyone who is on the go but needs to make an impressive homemade dessert with little time and effort!
- Economical and easy to transport in the slow cooker, it’s a delicious, crowd-pleasing recipe. Kids love it!
Apple Crisp Ingredients
APPLES: Apples are available all year long and this quick dessert can be made in minutes! Apples are tossed in sugar, flour, and cinnamon to create the ideal apple pie filling that tastes sweet and homey. Feel free to add in some fresh chopped rhubarb, for a variation on a theme!
TOPPING: Every fruit crisp has some combination of oats, sugar, butter, flour, and spices. This recipe is super easy to pull together and it has the perfect flavor combination to complement the apple filling. Add finely chopped walnuts or pecans to the topping mix for extra crunch, if desired.
VARIATIONS: Pre-made apple pie spice has a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cardamom which will give the dish depth of flavor, so if you have it on hand, feel free to mix it in place of the cinnamon.
Best Apples for Apple Crisp
While any variety of apples will do, certain apples produce a different flavor profile and texture.
- Red apples are mild in flavor and soft to the bite.
- Golden Delicious apples are a bit more tart and a little more firm.
- Granny Smith apples are the best apple for a crisp because they remain firm throughout the cooking process and have a bright, tart flavor that is complemented by brown sugar and cinnamon spice. Mix and match varieties for a variation in flavor and texture.
Best Apple Crisp Topping Recipe
This is hands down the best topping for any crisp and it can be used on almost anything! It works perfectly to top a fruit cobbler of any kind, or it can be used to top Blueberry Coffee Cake or Cinnamon Apple Bread. It’s super versatile. Try it baked or sprinkled onto a tasty Crustless Pumpkin Pie or use it as the perfect topping for Cinnamon Sugar Muffins. There are endless applications for this crumble topping, so get creative and use it to dress up all your favorite baking recipes! It can even be mixed into yogurt for a breakfast treat.
How To Make Apple Crisp in a Crock-Pot
Apple crisp is deliciously easy to make in the slow cooker:
- Prepare apple mixture and place in the bottom of Crockpot.
- Cut topping ingredients with a pastry cutter (or two butter knives using a criss-cross motion) until topping has a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle topping over apples, cover, and cook (as per the recipe below).
- Remove lid and let apple crisp cool before serving.
PRO TIP: Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel syrup.
Recipe Tips & Time Savers!
- For a more rustic (and fiber added) result, leave apples unpeeled. Just be sure to wash them thoroughly, first.
- Frozen, sliced apples will work in a pinch, simply add a few extra minutes to the Crockpot!
- Double the recipe for the topping and keep half in the freezer for future crisps, or a topping for vanilla ice cream, cheesecake, or oatmeal!
Awesome Apple Desserts To Try!
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling – so easy to make!
- Easy Apple Fritters – delicious homemade recipe.
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake – perfect for cheesecake lovers.
- Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe – another easy crock pot recipe!
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites – with just 2 ingredients.
Crock Pot Apple Crisp
- 6 small apples peeled and sliced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter cold
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine peeled apple in a bowl with sugar, flour, and cinnamon toss until evenly coated. Place apples in the bottom of a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and four. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Turn heat off, remove lid and let cool for 30 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crock Pot Apple Crisp recipe!