This easy Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler recipe has so many delightful and fresh flavors found in the summer!
Summer wouldn’t be the same without a delicious rhubarb strawberry cobbler for dessert! This quick and easy recipe has the perfect combination of sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb baked into a free-form, crowd-pleasing cobbler. It’s a no-fuss treat that is just perfect for a backyard bbq, potluck or family gathering.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert
- Everyone loves a homemade fruit cobbler! And every home cook needs a no-fuss and no-fail cobbler recipe in their recipe box!
- Fruit cobbler is an easy dessert that can be made any day of the week, but also perfect for guests!
- This recipe lets the chef mix and match fresh, frozen, or seasonal fruits all year long! Any fruit combination that’s pie-worthy is perfect for cobblers, too!
- There are no fussy crusts to roll out and no complicated mixing or prep. Cobblers are best made and served in rustic style.
- Serve warm with your fave vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
Ingredients & Variations
FRUIT: Fresh or frozen doesn’t matter, and no need to thaw frozen fruit first. For colorful combinations, look for fruits that are complementary to each other such as green apples and peaches, plums and kiwis, or blueberries and strawberries.
COBBLER MIX: Cobblers are fairly free-form and just need a simple combination of flour, baking powder, and seasonings. Short on time? Use refrigerated biscuits! Cut them into quarters and toss with cinnamon. Layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish and scoop fruit filling on top. Or, use a ready-made baking mix, such as Bisquick, and follow the directions on the box for cobbler! Easy peasy!
TOPPINGS: Fruit cobblers are ripe for adding a topping or two! Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, toasted coconut, or a drizzle of caramel sauce make a new dessert every time! Or top it with a streusel made from oats and brown sugar to turn it into a crumble, similar to an apple crisp.
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
This recipe is as ‘easy as pie’!
- Simmer strawberries & rhubarb in a pot with sugar until tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Combine cobbler ingredients in a separate bowl (per the recipe below).
- Melt butter in the bottom of a pan. Scoop the cake batter over the butter and carefully spoon in the fruit over the batter. Do not mix in.
- Bake until the cobbler is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips to Prep Ahead of Time
- Measure and mix dry ingredients together and keep them in a zippered bag with the date labeled on it. Just add milk, and fruit, and bake!
- Take the baking mix along on vacation for delicious desserts anytime! Even the fruit can be pre-mixed and added to the freezer for last-minute desserts!
- Line a baking pan with foil, leaving excess foil over the sides. Make the entire dessert and cool it completely. Use the foil to remove cooled cobbler from pan, and fold the excess foil over to cover cobbler. Wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze to enjoy at a later date.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep strawberry rhubarb cobbler covered at room temperature for 2 to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve as is or reheat in the microwave. Freeze portions in sealed containers for up to 4 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator before serving or reheating.
Other Delicious Desserts!
- Classic Peach Galette – gorgeous!
- Berry Topped Pavlova Dessert – perfect for summer fresh berries.
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie – a favorite.
- Red Velvet Brownies – so decadent and delicious.
- Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe – for breakfast or dessert.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add strawberries, rhubarb, and ¼ cup of sugar to a small pan over medium heat. Simmer until the fruit is soft and juices are released, about 6-7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine, flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in milk and mix until fully combined.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish. Pour the mixed batter over the butter.
- Spoon the cooked fruit over top of the batter making sure to not mix it into the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the batter is golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- For make ahead prep:
- Combine dry ingredients together and keep them in a zippered bag with the date labeled on it. Finish recipe when ready to serve.
- Line a baking pan with foil, leaving excess foil over the sides. Bake dessert as directed and cool completely. Remove cooled cobbler from pan, and use excess foil to wrap cobbler. Then wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat in the oven or microwave.
- Freeze portions for up to 4 months.
- Thaw cobbler before serving or reheating.
REPIN this Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Recipe!