You’ll love how easy this Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler is! A simple dessert that the whole family will love with a dollop of whipped cream to top it off!
This sweet, cakey, gooey cobbler can be made with almost any fruit you have handy. Some other wonderful variations are pineapple blueberry, mango peach, or cherry chocolate chip. The fruit part of the recipe is very forgiving, use as little or as much as you’d like… experiment with it! The key is to get whatever fruit you use boiling hot before spooning it over the batter.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler recipe
- 1 lb fresh or frozen strawberries sliced or quartered
- ½ lb fresh or frozen rhubarb peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cups milk cow milk, soy, rice, or almond milk all work
- 1 cups all-purpose flour all-purpose, whole wheat, or a blend of both
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Place your strawberries, rhubarb, and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium saucepan, cover, and let simmer until the fruit is soft, stirring frequently. Keep it simmering until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, blend the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in the microwave, then pour it into a 9X11 glass baking dish. Swirl it around to coat the entire bottom of the dish.
- Pour the batter over the butter.
- Spoon the hot fruit over the batter, trying to keep it relatively even. Don't stir it in!
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately an hour. To check if it's done, use a fork to lift up a bit from the middle. The cake portion should be fluffy and done, while the fruit and cake which touches the fruit will remain slightly gooey.
- Let the cobbler cool for about 10 minutes before serving. It's wonderful served with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream.