Make hot and tasty Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites in minutes!
As American as apple pie, only bite-sized! A can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls bake up into flaky little crusts with ready-made apple pie filling and drizzled with icing. They are so easy to make, even the littlest bakers can help out. Not only that, but these taste great served as a warm dessert with ice cream, or as a pastry with morning coffee.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Crazy Easy Apple Pie Bites!
- This recipe is the best! Not only is it ready in minutes and will satisfy the pickiest sweet tooth, but two ingredients are all it takes!
- Both the cinnamon rolls and the pie filling are pre-made! Super easy!
- Apple pie bites are totally portable and can be served hot or cold; perfect for a picnic, a tailgate, a party, or an after school surprise!
- This recipe is completely customizable! Experiment with cinnamon rolls, biscuits, crescent rolls, and any ready-made pie filling you like!
2 Ingredient Apple Pie Bites!
CINNAMON ROLL DOUGH: Cinnamon roll dough is already sweetened, but regular biscuit dough can be used, too! Sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar to get that sweet cinnamon flavor!
FILLING: Aside from apples, look for other delicious fruit-based fillings: cherry, strawberry, peach, or blueberry. PRO TIP: Many brands have low sugar or sugar-free fillings to choose from! Or make your own apple pie filling and season it any way you like.
TOPPINGS: Most brands of cinnamon rolls come with a packet of icing that gets drizzled over the apple pie bites. But a bit of caramel sauce or a dollop of whipped cream is tasty, too!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites
It’s easy and fun to make this quick treat:
- Press portions of cinnamon roll dough into well-greased muffin cups.
- Scoop equal portions of pie filling into each cup.
- Bake (per recipe below) until the crust is brown and the filling is bubbly. Remove from heat.
Quick Tips and Tricks
- Make apple pie bites for little party favors by baking them in colorful cupcake liners for some grab-and-go goodness!
- For smaller apple pie pieces, cut down the apple chunks with a potato masher before putting into cinnamon roll pie crusts.
- Refrigerate these tasty apple pie morsels for about 3-4 days covered in a container, or in a zippered bag. If you need to stack them, place parchment paper in between the layers so they do not stick together.
- For longer term storage, freeze bites for up to 3 months. Be sure to store them in a sealed container, or even wrap individually with plastic wrap for a quick grab and go treat.
Quick And Easy Recipes To Try!
- Crockpot Candy – delicious and easy to make.
- Peanut Butter Fudge – old fashion taste and texture.
- Butterscotch Crunchies – just 5 minutes to cook.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole – only 10 minute prep.
- Red Velvet Brownies – with a boxed cake mix!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites
- 1 Can Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling Coarsely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open can of rolls and set icing aside. Separate dough and flatten to circles. Press dough into muffin cups, making sure to cover bottom and sides.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons apple pie filling onto each dough cup.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Crust will become golden and filling will be bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Microwave icing using 50% power for about 15 seconds. It should be thin enough to drizzle over each apple pie bite as desired.
- Sometimes the apples in the pie filling are a bit large for this 2 bite dessert. Simply mash the filling with a potato masher before spooning into the pie cups.
- Apple pie bites will remain at peak freshness stored in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for about 3-4 days.
- Freeze cooled apple pie bites in a covered container or zippered freezer bag for up to 3 months. They make the perfect grab-and-go treat.
REPIN this Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites recipe!