Cream Cheese Lasagna recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cream Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
This Cream Cheese Lasagna recipe is my secret weapon for impressing my friends and family. For the longest time I wouldn’t share the recipe because I loved people asking me to make it for them. However, since I have moved away from my friends I felt it was high time I shared the recipe, so they can make this whenever they want!
This is a really easy recipe to make and I haven’t had a single complaint in the 15 years I’ve been making it! It’s one of my favorite recipes of all time and I hope it will be yours too!! Traditional lasagna is made with ricotta cheese but I don’t care for the texture. I know, I’m a freak when it comes to food, I know it. When I was first married I found this recipe and I was so excited because it was finally a recipe that didn’t call for ricotta so I knew I would love it!! I think you will too!!
- 1 lb ground meat I prefer to use sausage but you can use anything you like, cooked and crumbled
- 24 oz of your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- Mix together your favorite pasta sauce, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and cooked ground meat and set this mixture aside. (season to taste)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and sour cream.
- Mix well and set aside.
In a 9 x 13 baking dish, ladle out a bit of sauce to slightly cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Lay 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- Using half of the cream cheese mixture, spread across the noodles evenly.
- Using half of the pasta sauce mixture, spread across the noodles evenly.
- Repeat and use the rest of the cream cheese mixture, noodles, and sauce.
- Top with remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.