This recipe for Chili Cheese Dog Bake is quick, easy, and satisfying. This casserole tastes just like one of those little hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough that everyone secretly loves!
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole is sure to make the kids happy, it’s great for game night, movie night, or a quick tasty meal on a weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. Comfort food casseroles like cream corn casserole or cowboy casserole are always quick and fun to make, and they end up being favorites.
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is a Chili Cheese Dog Casserole?
A chili cheese dog bake combines all the things that are loved about a chili cheese dog. Except in this recipe, the ingredients are cut, mixed together, and oven-baked. The result is a dish that has all the flavors of a chili cheese dog, but this casserole is cheesier, gooier, and easier to make than any regular chili cheese dog.
Ingredients & Variations
BISCUIT DOUGH Use a can of biscuit dough, like Pillsbury, for this recipe. Remember to cut each biscuit into pieces.
CHILI Try a homemade chili like this Slow Cooker Chili or use a favorite canned chili.
HOT DOGS Any hot dogs will do. Once covered and cooked with cheese, biscuit dough, and some chili, they will all taste the same – tasty and delicious!
How To Make a Chili Cheese Dog Bake
It couldn’t be easier to pull this casserole recipe together. In just a few simple steps a hearty supper will be bubbling away happily in your oven.
- Cut the hot dogs and the biscuit dough into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with the chili and half the shredded cheddar (as per the recipe below).
- Bake covered for half the cooking time, uncovered for the last half.
Top with the remainder of the cheddar, serve and enjoy!
Tips to Store Leftovers
This casserole will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days, and in the freezer for 1 to 2 months. Just use an airtight container and leave room for expansion. Or, store it in snap lock single portion containers for an easy portable lunch.
To reheat the hot dog casserole, use the microwave for single portions, or try sprinkling a little extra cheese on top and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until casserole is steaming hot and cheese is bubbly. Serve it with a dollop of sour cream on the side, or inside a burrito for a delicious snack!
Easy & Delicious Casserole Dishes
- Leftover Turkey Casserole – perfect for leftovers
- Cowboy Casserole – great to make ahead!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – an easy and delicious dish
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – ready in under an hour!
- Cheeseburger Casserole – hot cheesy pasta meal
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 cans chili 14 ounces each
- 1 can biscuit dough
- 1 ½ cup cheddar shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, and mix with chili and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover, top with ½ cup of cheese and bake an additional 20 mins.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Chili Cheese Dog Casserole Recipe
How many people does this feed?
This recipe was really good. My family loved it. The only thing i did different was to toast the rolls before putting them in the pan. Everything else was the same.
Will be making this often.