This ice cream bread is bound to be a favorite when it comes time for dessert.
This recipe brings quick bread to a whole new level of flavor by combining just 2 ingredients – flour and ice cream. Love the flavor of ice creams like chocolate mint, pistachio, cherry, or more? Pick your favorite, then like with all quick bread no kneading is required, just mix, and bake. So easy right?
Ice Cream Bread
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is Ice Cream Bread
- Ice cream bread is a simple quick bread made with a combination of ice cream and self-rising flour.
- The ice cream adds sweetness and flavor (depending on the ice cream), while the self-rising flour has a leavening agent that will help it to rise.
- Moist and easy to make this bread is a delicious dessert.
Ingredients & Variations
ICE CREAM Choose a favorite flavor of ice cream. This knows no bounds! Try chocolate, mint, simple vanilla, cookie dough, and peanut butter. There are also all the fruity flavors like cherry, strawberry, and raspberry.
FLOUR Self-rising flour must be used for this recipe, or the bread will turn out flat.
It is possible to make a homemade blend just mix flour with salt, and baking powder. For every cup of the flour mix in 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Mix together then measure into this bread recipe.
VARIATIONS A bread like this wouldn’t be the same without some sweet toppings. Sprinkle with some chocolate chips and colored sprinkles. Or add chocolate, caramel, or vanilla glaze.
How to Make 2-ingredient Ice Cream Bread
This quick and easy dessert recipe is a sweet treat!
- Melt ice cream and mix with flour.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Tips for the Perfect Bread Rise
There are a couple of handy tips to make this bread a success.
- Do not replace the self-rising flour with plain white flour. Self-rising flour has a leavening agent which will help the bread rise into that quintessential bread-like loaf.
- Do not to use low-fat or low-sugar ice cream, or the bread will fall a little flat.
- Make sure to melt to ice cream, or it will be hard to mix. But be careful not to overmix.
More Ice Cream Desserts
- York Hot Fudge Topped Brownie Sundae Cups recipe – Decadently delicious!
- McDonald’s Copycat Shamrock Shake – Smooth, sweet, and green.
- Slam Dunk Reese’s Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cake Recipe! – This one is a slam dunk
- Easy Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe – Perk up those cookies!
Ice Cream Bread
- 3 ½ cups ice cream melted
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ice cream and flour.
- Once ice cream mixture is blended well, pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not replace the self-rising flour with plain white flour, it will not rise properly.
- Do not to use low-fat or low-sugar ice cream. This will cause the bread to fall flat.
- Be careful not to overmix.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.