Spinach & Cheese bars recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is a terrific and easy way to get your family to eat more veggies. The savory blend of spinach and cheese combines
perfectly with the springy texture of the stuffing, and you can switch up the kinds of cheese you use to add different
depths of flavor. Mushrooms would also be a great addition!
Tender spinach bites make the perfect effortless appetizer
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix such as StoveTop's Chicken flavor, any flavor
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning oregano, & rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Add a small amount of melted butter or margarine to a very large saucepan or pot.
- Sauté the onion and fresh garlic (if using) over medium heat until soft.
Add the fresh spinach to the pan or pot and cover, turn the heat to medium-low. Once the spinach has wilted, stir it well,then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. When cooled, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to chop the spinach into small pieces.
- Place the stuffing mix in a large bowl. Add all ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Spray or grease a 8x8 pan and gently press the stuffing mixture into it.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)