Microwave corn is so quick and easy to make, it’s sure to become your new favorite way to prepare it!
With very little prep, each ear comes out so tender-crisp, sweet, juicy, and bursting with flavor!
Save some time and skip washing out a large pot. Learn how to microwave corn on the cob.
Easy Cooked Corn
- Mess-free! Boiling shucked ears of corn on the stove will be a thing of the past once you’ve mastered how to microwave corn on the cob.
- When you microwave corn in husk, it cooks it from the inside, locking in all that sweet summer flavor!
- This is a fast and efficient way to make corn on the cob for parties, picnics, and BBQ’s leaving more room on the stovetop with less cleanup!
How to Microwave Corn On The Cob
- Leave the husks on each corn cob and place them in the microwave.
- Cook on high power per recipe below leaving more time for larger ears.
- Carefully remove the cooked cobs from the oven and cut off both ends. Peel back the husk and enjoy!
For Frozen Corn on the Cob:
- Place ears in a microwave-safe dish with ½” of water and cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Cook on high for about 5-7 minutes. Follow the safety tips below.
- Position cobs of corn safely on a sturdy surface before cutting off the ends.
- Be sure to wear oven mitts or use tongs to remove cooked cobs from the oven.
- Be extremely careful when removing the husks and as the steam is escaping.
How to Serve Microwave Corn
Enjoy the classic way with melted butter and salt! Or, once the corn is safe enough to handle, feel free to remove the kernels by standing the corn on one end and slicing off rows of kernels. Make a zesty Mexican corn salad, or add to a hearty corn chowder.
Or stick corn cob holders into each end and brush with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Taco seasoning, chili seasoning, and even a brush of Italian dressing will upgrade the flavor of freshly cooked corn on the cob!
Have you tried making corn in the microwave? Leave a comment and rating below!
Microwave Corn On The Cob
- 2 ears corn in the husk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place both ears of corn in the microwave, still in the husk.
- Microwave on high power for 4-6 minutes. Larger husks will take longer to cook.
- Remove from the microwave and cut the ends off both sides of the corn. Peel back the remaining husk. Be careful, it will be hot!
- Serve with butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutrition calculated without salt and pepper
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.