This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Spinach Frittata is a delicious savory egg based dish that is perfect for brunch. It’s loaded with good-for-you greens and creamy goat cheese. You’re sure to go back for seconds!
If you’re a big fan of brunch, savory breakfasts, and eggs, then you need to make this super easy Spinach Frittata recipe! A simple fried or scrambled egg is good but you can take your breakfast to the next level with a sophisticated Salmon Asparagus Frittata, some irresistible Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches or this easy Spinach Frittata!
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What Is A Frittata?
A Frittata is an egg-based dish from Italy that is similar to an omelette or crustless quiche as it is filled with things like various vegetables, cheeses, and meats.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious way to feed a larger crowd, making a frittata is the solution! Packed with delicious aromatics and veggies, your family and guests will absolutely love this for breakfast.
How To Make A Frittata:
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F and prep your veggies. Pick through your spinach and give it a rough chop. Finely dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop the sun dried tomatoes, which add delicious flavour to this frittata!
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add cream, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of your cheese. Give it a good whisk until the whites and yolks are combined.
- Once you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go, you can heat up the oil in an oven safe, 10-inch pan over medium heat. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the onion and cook until tender. Stir in the garlic and sun dried tomato and cook another 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minute until it is wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When the veggies are cooked, add the egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until the center no longer giggles. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Can I Make Substitutions To This Spinach Frittata Recipe?
Yes! The great thing about an egg frittata is that you can adjust it and make it your own.
- Want to add some more protein? Toss in some ham, sausage, or bacon.
- Have other veggies in your fridge that are on their last leg that you want to use up? Swap them for half the spinach or all of it.
- Don’t care for goat cheese? Use cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, swiss…
What if I don’t have an oven safe pan? No worries! Grease a 9 inch cake pan or 9×9 inch baking dish and after your veggies are done cooking, spread them in the bottom of the pan and pour the eggs over the top. Stir until everything is evenly dispersed and then bake. You may need to add 2-3 more minutes since the dish was not already hot.
More Delicious Savoury Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Mini Zucchini Quinoa Frittatas – Easy and delicious!
- Overnight Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten-Free Bacon Veggie Quiche
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – Simple Preparation!
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas – A Make Ahead Breakfast!
This Spinach Frittata is a delicious savory egg based dish that is perfect for brunch. It's loaded with good-for-you greens and creamy goat cheese. You're sure to go back for seconds!
- 9 large eggs
- 3 ounces goat cheese about 3/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of the cheese. Set aside.
Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until tender and translucent. Add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes and cook another 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and give it a stir until all the spinach is evenly dispersed. Sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese and then bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the middle no longer giggles.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)