This Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe is not only easy to make, it’s delicious too! Why wait for the restaurant when you can make them so easily at home?
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
The inspiration for this recipe came from the popular Chinese restaurant, P.F. Chang’s. Not only are these lettuce wraps wonderful, they always taste so much better homemade – and at half the cost!
Ingredients For Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken: This recipe calls for ground chicken, but you can slice or even dice your chicken if you prefer. Grilled chicken works great, either using chicken thighs or chicken breast. Ground turkey is also a great substitute!
- Lettuce: Butter lettuce or mini romaine are both great choices to use. If you don’t have either on hand, iceberg lettuce will work just fine.
- Sauce: Peanut butter, soy sauce and water! That’s it!
- Toppings: Use your favorite toppings like cucumbers, carrots, radishes, chow mein noodles, cilantro, green onions or even brown or white rice.
Set out toppings buffet style, so everyone can make their own creations! The vegetables can either be julienned or chopped fine, whichever you prefer.
How To Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
In this recipe, ground chicken is cooked with an easy peanut soy sauce. Add in some fresh veggies and wrap it all in tender lettuce leaves for the perfect quick and easy meal!
- Make the Sauce: Prepare the sauce and set aside.
- Cook the Chicken: Scramble fry the ground chicken, add aromatics. Add sauce and mix.
- Prep the Veggies: While the chicken is cooking, prepare desired vegetables and break apart lettuce.
- Prepare toppings and lettuce ahead of time so that you are ready to serve immediately once the chicken is cooked.
- The chicken filling reheats beautifully! In a skillet, add a splash of chicken broth along with the chicken mixture and you’re done! Or you can microwave until heated through.
- Once cooked and cooled, cover the chicken filling with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It will stay fresh up to 3 days!
My favorite part of this recipe is the super easy sauce! It’s not the traditional sauce you might expect from lettuce wraps and the ingredients are ones you already have on hand.
More Delicious Meals to Try
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta – a 15 minute meal!
- Pepper Steak – delicious.
- Creamy Chicken Casserole – easy to make!
- Shrimp Curry – ready in under 30 minutes.
- Chicken Stroganoff – family favorite.
- Italian Sausage Pasta – one pot meal.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions
- butter lettuce
- radishes optional when serving
- cucumbers optional when serving
- tomatoes optional when serving
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, and water; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add ground chicken and cook until browned, breaking up chicken as it’s cooked.
- Add butter, ginger and garlic and cook for another minute, stirring as needed.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture. Add green onions. Cook another minute.
- To serve, add some chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf. Top with desired added vegetables.