Even low-carb lovers can enjoy a hearty, healthy Hamburger Vegetable Soup.
This recipe is filled with beef, tomatoes, and fresh or frozen veggies. Using cauliflower rice makes it extra creamy, too. Make this super easy recipe on a meal prep day and enjoy it all week long. It will taste better everyday as the flavors continue to develop.
Low Carb Hamburger Vegetable Soup
PIN IT to your SOUPS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Low Carb Hamburger Soup
- This delicious soup is the perfect keto main dish for chilly days and nights, plus it’s ready in less than 30 minutes on the stovetop.
- Homemade low-carb hamburger soup takes one pot and two steps – it doesn’t get any easier than that.
- No one will know this meaty soup is a keto secret! Top each serving with shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese and watch it disappear.
- Serve with a fresh and Easy Broccoli or Tomato Salad and keep the meal low carb.
Recipe Ingredients and Variations
PROTEIN – Ground beef is a staple in a low-carb diet. It’s affordable, easy to cook, and complements nearly any seasoning profile. However, this recipe lends itself to nearly any and all kinds of protein, even leftovers! Chicken, turkey, sausage, slices of summer sausage, even frozen meatballs will work if time is short.
VEGETABLES – Choose veggies that are low carb but healthy and filling: cauliflower, tomatoes, celery, peas, green beans, mushrooms, and even a bag of mixed vegetable medley. Again, leftovers will work here as well.
SEASONINGS – A little beef broth, garlic and some Italian seasoning are all that’s needed for a rich and flavorful soup.
How To Make Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Hamburger vegetable soup goes from stovetop to tabletop in minutes!
- Brown beef, garlic, and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer and serve (as per the recipe below).
Crockpot – Add cooked beef, garlic, and onion to the bottom of a crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and cover. Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are tender.
Instant Pot – Set Instant Pot to sauté and cook beef, garlic, and onion. Drain fat. Add remaining ingredients, seal, and cook on high for 15 minutes then allow the steam to naturally release.
Recipe Tips and Time Savers
Save time and use a bag of frozen veggies in this recipe, no need to thaw! Frozen cauliflower rice is a quick and easy option as well. Or create a signature soup using low-carb leftovers.
Keep soup covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop. Freeze in quart-sized zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. Thaw in a bowl in the refrigerator (in case the bag leaks) and reheat in a pot on low heat on the stove.
Low-carb hamburger soup makes a healthy and energizing workday lunch, so take and reheat in the microwave if that is more accessible.
Other Tasty Soups To Try!
- Creamy Potato Soup – only 5 min prep!
- Quick and Easy Borscht Soup – a classic.
- Zuppa Toscana Soup – so hearty and delicious!
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup – ready in 30 minutes.
- Vegetable Soup With Cabbage – comfort food in a bowl.
Low Carb Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 ½ cups mixed vegetables sliced (carrots, celery, green beans, peas, ect.)
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juices
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, brown ground beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.