Cauliflower Leek Soup is an elegant, creamy soup found on fancy menus and now, with this easy recipe, found on any kitchen table!
Subtle-flavored cauliflower and leeks are blended together with garlic and cream to make a light and savory soup. Perfect served as an appetizer, a light lunch or with a hearty salad for a filling dinner! While it may look difficult, this cauliflower and leek soup is incredibly easy to make using simple ingredients!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
PIN IT to your SOUPS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Low Carb Soup!
- Healthy cauliflower and leek soup is so easy to cook at home. And because it’s made in just one pot, you’ll want to showcase it all the time.
- Served hot or cold, this cauliflower leek soup recipe is a low-carb, paleo favorite. Make it vegan by switching to vegan butter and oat milk instead of cream with the same rich and creamy results.
- Cauliflower leek soup can be made ahead and enjoyed all week long for simple dinners and energizing lunches.
- Serve with some cheesy bread for dipping and a crisp and tangy spinach and strawberry salad.
Ingredients and Variations
CAULIFLOWER: All of the parts of the cauliflower can be used, even the stems. Simply cut them into even sizes for proper cooking. Switch it up using half broccoli for more color and flavor.
LEEKS: Leeks bring a subtle onion-like flavor to this dish. Be sure to rinse them properly and slice them thinly enough so they can be easily blended. No leeks? Use one whole medium-sized white onion. Avoid using yellow or red onions because they tend to overpower the flavor of the soup.
SAUCE: For a nuanced flavor to any cream-based soup, add a pinch of garlic or nutmeg. For a spicy kick, stir in a little sriracha.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon bits are colorful and tasty toppings to add to this creamy soup.
How to make Cauliflower Leek Soup
Make this simple recipe in just one pot!
- Heat butter, olive oil, and garlic. Add leeks and cauliflower, then sauté.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil (as per the recipe below).
- Simmer, covered. Blend with an immersion blender.
- Whisk in heavy cream until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
For more depth of flavor, oven-roast cauliflower and leeks with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar until caramelized and tender before using.
Use leftover mashed potatoes to help thicken the soup, or make a slurry made from a 1:1 ratio of corn starch and cold water and add in Step 3.
For a chunkier soup, use a potato masher instead of an immersion blender.
What To Do with Leftover Soup
Keep leftover cauliflower leek soup covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve chilled or reheat using low heat on the stovetop. Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags for up to 6 weeks. Stir leftover soup into creamy potato soup, or this corn chowder with potatoes and bacon.
Other Easy Soup Recipes!
- Creamy Potato Soup – another easy, creamy soup recipe.
- Minestrone Soup Recipe – hearty and delicious.
- Vegetable Soup With Cabbage – just 20 minute prep.
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – the perfect entree soup.
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- large pot
- Immersion Blender
- Heat butter, olive oil, and garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add leeks and cauliflower, and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender. Stir in heavy cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the cauliflower and leeks with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar until caramelized and tender before using. This will add a depth of flavor to the soup.
To thicken soup:
- blend leftover mashed potatoes into the soup, in step 3.
- make a slurry with 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water, and add in Step 3.
- Use a potato masher for a more chunky style soup.
- Refrigerate leftovers covered for up to 4 days, or freeze cooled portions in zippered bags for up to 6 weeks.
- Serve leftovers chilled or reheat using low heat on the stovetop.
REPIN this Cauliflower Leek Soup Recipe!