This comforting, hearty, and easy to make Lemon Chicken Soup is now a healthy Keto classic!
This delicious, soup has the tart and savory flavors of a traditional lemon chicken soup recipe but is made keto and low carb with cauliflower rice! Cooked up easily in just one pot, it’s a low-carb lover’s dream!
Lemon Chicken Rice Soup
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love Lemon Chicken Soup
- This lemon chicken soup recipe has a full-bodied, rich flavor!
- We switched out the carb-laden pasta for cauliflower rice!
- The perfect blend of seasonings is highlighted with just a touch of citrusy lemon juice!
- Serve on a chilly night or as a late afternoon lunch with an easy dinner roll, or some crunchy tortilla chips.
Ingredients and Variations
VEGETABLES One of each of an onion, a carrot, and a stalk of celery are all you need, but you can add whatever veggies you have on hand, even a bag of frozen spinach or green beans will add color and flavor!
BROTH This super creamy broth has just the right combination of healthy fat, herbs, and seasonings and is punctuated by the bright addition of lemon juice.
MEAT This is a great way to use up leftover meat, especially ground sausage, turkey, or chicken!
How to Make Lemon Chicken Soup
It doesn’t take much to make this easy soup, especially if you have leftover meat and veggies to use up!
- Sauté the veggies then stir in garlic & herbs.
- Add water, broth, rosemary, & chicken, and cook per recipe below.
- Shred chicken, add cauliflower rice, season, and serve!
PRO TIP: Garnish with Parmesan cheese or remove the leaves from the rosemary and sprinkle on top. Or, thinly slice a lemon and place a slice over the soup in each bowl.
Time Saving Tips!
This soup is as easy as it is delicious, but to save time in the kitchen and ensure every bowl is cooked to perfection be sure to cut all your veggies to the same size so they cook at the same rate! Or make prep even easier by add frozen veggies and frozen cauliflower rice.
Keep lemon chicken soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freeze chilled soup in zippered bags for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, let the soup defrost overnight in the refrigerator if frozen. Then reheat on the stove until heated through. Garnish with fresh parmesan, a sprinkle of rosemary, or slices of lemon and it’s as good as fresh!
Must-Try Chicken Soups!
- Chicken Kale Soup – easy, hearty, and comforting.
- CrockPot Chicken Tortilla Soup – set it and forget it!
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup – perfect for cold days.
- CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup – home-cooked comfort!
Lemon Chicken Rice Soup
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 chicken breast boneless skinless trimmed of fat
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled & diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cauliflower rice or instant rice
- ½ lemon juiced
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of water, chicken broth, rosemary sprig, and chicken to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Discard rosemary sprig and remove chicken from the pot. Shred chicken and return to the pot adding in the cauliflower rice or instant rice if using and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 more minutes and stir in the lemon juice.